Right after the Oppo K9 and K9 Pro, the Chinese brand has unveiled the K9s in China to bridge the gap between the two phones. Oppo K9s is a cheaper variant of the K9 Pro, replacing the Dimensity 1200 chip with a Snapdragon 778G, has an LCD panel instead of AMOLED, and less fast charging than before.
Other than that, the two phones are essentially the same.
Upfront, the display is a 6.59-inch LCD panel with Full HD+ resolution and a 120Hz refresh rate. This one also has a 240Hz touch sampling rate and covers 100% of the DCI-P3 color space. The fingerprint sensor has been moved to the side.
As mentioned earlier the Dimensity 1200 chip has been replaced by the Snapdragon 778G. This is paired with 6 or 8GB RAM and 128GB storage which is expandable through a microSD card. You get a slightly bigger battery at 5,000 mAh (up from 4,500 mAh), but fast charging is limited to 30W.
The main camera setup is no different including a 64MP primary sensor, an ultrawide camera, and a depth sensor. This camera is capable of 4K videos at 30 FPS. The cornered punch-hole selfie camera is a 16MP snapper capable of 1080p video recording.
There is no word on global availability yet, but the Oppo K9s will be available in China for a starting price of $265. The available colors are Obsidian Warrior, Neon Silver Sea, and Magic Purple Quicksand.
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz Kryo 670 & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo 670)
- GPU: Adreno 642L
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G
- OS: Android 11, Color OS 11.3
- Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE, 5G
- 6.59 inches IPS LCD, 1080 x 2412 pixels, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling,
- RAM: 6GB, 8GB
- Internal: 128GB
- Primary: 64 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP
- Selfie: 16 MP
- Connectivity: LTE, 5G, USB Type-C, GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.1
- Fingerprint scanner: Side-mounted
- Colors: Obsidian Warrior, Neon Silver Sea, Magic Purple Quicksand.
- Battery: 5000 mAh, 30W fast charging
- Price: $265