Earning money online is one of the most searched keywords ever, and rightly so. Everyone wants to make some – in some cases, huge amounts of – extra cash, don’t we?
While the internet is full of options, Google AdSense is one of the very best and by far the most reliable. All you have to do is the proper research, produce quality content and make an AdSense account.
Information over the internet can be misleading, and most often not all available in one place, therefore ProPakistani team has compiled a list of the most important FAQs regarding Google AdSense that everyone needs to go through if he or she is looking to earn money online. From signing up to receiving payments, we have covered every possible topic related to Google AdSense for your ease.
- 1 What is Google AdSense?
- 2 What are different types of AdSense accounts?
- 3 What are Google’s policies to enable AdSense on websites?
- 4 What is the eligibility criteria to participate in AdSense?
- 5 What are the Most Common AdWords Display Ad Sizes?
- 6 How to register for AdSense account?
- 7 How to verify AdSense account?
- 8 How to get AdSense account approved?
- 9 How to request PIN in Google AdSense?
- 10 How to verify AdSense account with PIN and without PIN?
- 11 How long does it take to get AdSense PIN?
- 12 How to track Google AdSense PIN?
- 13 How much can I earn from AdSense?
- 14 How to optimize Google AdSense ads?
- 15 Can I Make money with Google AdSense without a website?
- 16 How to buy AdSense account?
- 17 How to reactivate suspended AdSense account? How to recover AdSense account? How to appeal Google AdSense disabled?
- 18 How to change AdSense address?
- 19 How to delete AdSense account?
- 20 How to receive payment from Google AdSense?
- 21 Ideas to Make Money with AdSense
What is Google AdSense?
Google AdSense is free of cost way to monetize your website traffic by displaying pertinent ads on your website alongside the regular content. When ads are seen or clicked, you’ll automatically earn money.
AdSense is the choice of 2 million people. In 2015, Google paid out nearly $10B to their publishers showcasing the power of AdSense that is because millions of advertisers compete for ad space.
Some Alluring features of AdSense are its flexibility and reliant consonance alongside the options of
- Choosing where ads appear, block ones you don’t want and change the features of text ads to go with the outlook of your site.
- Google AdSense is Mobile friendly which means the ad units have the capability to adapt to various screen sizes, so it won’t matter if your site is being viewed on mobile, tablet or laptop.
- The major advantage is that you have a role in adding to your earning by promoting the kind of ads that go along the site context. There are a lot of options to choose the right ad types and formats. Performance metrics are there to view stats and help you with any adjustments.
What are different types of AdSense accounts?
The two types of accounts offered are business and individual.
There’s no difference in service or payment structure, however, payments are made out to the company if you have a business account or to your name if you have an individual account.
You can’t change your account type once your account is activated. In case you do want to change the account type you must start again with a new account.
What are Google’s policies to enable AdSense on websites?
To reap the due benefits while avoiding any mishap is by keeping up with all the related Google policies as they tend to change it from time to time.
This isn’t a full list but following policies are most common and essential to abide by to keep a bona fide account.
Clicks and Impressions
- Don’t click on your own ads
To know more about the advertisement, you must follow the standard procedure of typing the URL of the ad into your browser.
- Don’t ask anyone else to click either
The policy states that site must not be used for money raising purposes for any cause or for your own through means of encouragement of users in any direct or indirect way, on third-party sites or via email. The only reason they should click is out of their own interest.
- Choosing Ads Location
Publishers should make sure that ads are placed according to given standards i.e. not under the misleading heading, away from interactive elements and not blending with site’s content to misdirect the user. In other words, publishers should not try deceptive tricks to get users to click the ads. Publishers can still receive a violation notification even for the accidental clicks.
If you own a website with games the ads should be placed away from the controls so the user may not unintentionally click on them. It is recommended to keep a minimum distance of 150 pixels between flash player and the ad.
Content ads are not to be placed on game interfaces, interstitial pages or sites exclusive to streaming videos but if you want to earn by these means i.e. video streaming, game interface by overlaying ads, in stream or interstitial ads there are further guidelines like AdSense for video, AdSense for games, or the YouTube Partner Program.
- Keep tabs on the ads
You must exercise caution while buying and setting up ad campaigns with third parties. They should not display your site in pop-ups or through any software application.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics provides you with a set of analytic tools with which you can even analyze where the most clicks were and this knowledge could lead you to a better comprehension of your site traffic and give you better discretion about improvements.
Publishers are responsible for their content on any page even if the content was created by someone else.
- Content restrictions
If the content being displayed by websites is in violation of program policies then Google ads won’t be displayed next to them. Restricted content could be adult/mature, copyrighted or violent etc.
- Your own content
Users are expected to be familiar with Google’s Webmaster Guidelines and utilize some useful methods to improve their sites standing. It should contain substantial information with related keywords that would be used accordingly to the crux of your content.
- Avoid hidden links and texts and focus on the relative content.
- Google will weed out the pages if they don’t add values to users experience so avoid making them in order to rank up your site. It will also take appropriate action against auto-generated content, doorway pages, scraped content and Thin affiliate sites.
- Ad Policy
Ad placement policies state specific regulations on placement of ads as they should not
be on pop-ups, behind a login button, in software applications or on sites that mimic Google.
Tampering with any part of the code is prohibited i.e. change the layout, behavior, targeting, or delivery of ads unless Google has authorized it.
- Pop-ups and automatic software installation is no-go
- Impersonating google pages is wrongful. Publishers are prohibited from using Google features i.e. trademarks, logos or web pages etc. without Google’s permission.
- Publishers shouldn’t change the home pages via pop-ups and not tempt the user to install any software on their systems.
Disabled ads or account
Google can disable ads to your site or account. To re-enable them, you must be responsive and thoroughly read the notification email.
- You must be up-to-date on your AdSense account’s associated email in case of your ads being disabled. The publishers must also attentively read the emails and respond accordingly to any requests. You are to diligently refurbish your entire network of sites to comply with AdSense policies in case of notifications about problems
What is the eligibility criteria to participate in AdSense?
- Firstly, you must own the website and in clear technical terms, you must have the ability to access its HTML code. In case of submitting a website, you don’t own (ww.youtube.com) your application for AdSense won’t get approved.
- Secondly, the following policies set by Google must be followed to utilize AdSense services. In case of failure to comply with them, Google has right to disable ad serving to your site or/and disable your account. If your account does get disabled you are then ineligible to participate in AdSense program any further.
- It is required in some locations that your site has to be active for at least six months before consideration. This step is a quality check for their advertisement network and to protect the interests of our advertisers and existing publishers
- Only applications from applicants who are over 18 as stated in Terms and Conditions are eligible.
The websites Blogger and YouTube have different criteria as they enable you to create host partner accounts where for eligibility of these accounts you have to meet certain other criteria for your blog to be eligible for monetization. You can link your products in a non-host partner website even though you have initially signed up as a host partner, all you have to do it submit a one-time application form.
What are the Most Common AdWords Display Ad Sizes?
Advertisers can use image Ads on their Google Display network. This can greatly help draw attention to your product or service from Google’s 2 million websites and apps.
The requirements for Google display images are the following;
- GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF and ZIP formats are supported only.
- The file should have a maximum size of 150 KB.
You can choose from 20 different ad sizes which are categorized in four size types.
Square and rectangle
- 200×200 – Small Square
- 240×400 – Vertical Rectangle
- 250×250 – Square
- 250×360 – Triple Widescreen
- 300×250 – Inline Rectangle
- 336×280 – Large Rectangle
- 580×400 – Netboard
- 120×600 – Skyscraper
- 160×600 – Wide Skyscraper
- 300×600 – Half-Page Ad
- 300×1050 – Portrait
- 468×60 – Banner
- 728×90 – Leaderboard
- 930×180 – Top Banner
- 970×90 – Large Leaderboard
- 970×250 – Billboard
- 980×120 – Panorama
- 300×50 – Mobile Banner
- 320×50 – Mobile Banner
- 320×100 – Large Mobile Banner
There is no specific answer to which are the most common sizes, different sizes can be used for different purposes.
However, here is a list of some sizes that are being used commonly in different categories
- 250 x 250 – Square
- 200 x 200 – Small Square
- 468 x 60 – Banner
- 728 x 90 – Leaderboard
- 300 x 250 – Inline Rectangle
- 336 x 280 – Large Rectangle
- 120 x 600 – Skyscraper
- 160 x 600 – Wide Skyscraper
- 300 x 600 – Half-Page Ad
- 970 x 90 – Large Leaderboard
How to register for AdSense account?
Creating a Google AdSense account is very simple.
Simply follow these steps.
- Go to https://www.google.com/adsense/start
- On the main page click on Signup now button
- Enter your website URL followed by your email address.
- Choose whether you’d like AdSense to send you customized help and performance suggestions. You can change your contact settings
- Fill out the contact information.
- Review and accept the AdSense Terms and Conditions.
- Click Create account.
You now have a Google AdSense account.
How to verify AdSense account?
- Login to your Google AdSense account that you created.
- Click on My ads in the left navigation panel.
- Next click on Apply now under the “Add AdSense for content”.
- Fill all the relevant details and then click on the Submit my application button.
- Lastly, create an ad unit and place the ad code on the URL that you provided in your AdSense application, on a page that receives traffic.
How to get AdSense account approved?
Getting an AdSense account approved can a little tricky especially for Pakistani users. Well, worry not, if you follow the basic guidelines before applying for approval, you have the same chance of getting it approved as anyone elsewhere in the world.
Make sure you do the following before you apply for approval.
- Buy a top-level (dot com) domain for your blog
- Add contact details and legal pages
- 15-20 unique and top-quality posts
- Try to use English as the main language for your website
- Choose an elegant, neat template having a swift loading speed and easy navigation
- Design unique logo, favicon and other copyrighted animations for your website
- Do not fall for other advertisers; make sure you have no ads placed on your website while you apply for AdSense approval
- Create unique content without violating copyrights policies
- Use linked social pages on your website; it increases reliability
Using these tips, you have more chances of approval therefore opening avenues of earning online.
How to request PIN in Google AdSense?
Follow the following sequence for requesting PIN.
Settings >> Account Information >> Verify Address >> Request AdSense PIN
How to verify AdSense account with PIN and without PIN?
You will receive an AdSense PIN code once you have earned $10 from your AdSense account. Google sends this PIN through courier on the address that you have mentioned in your account.
AdSense uses standard mail to send out this pin after a few days of reaching the verification threshold.
Once you have received your PIN:
- You need to sign in to your Google AdSense account.
- Next, click on settings and then Account information
- Next click on verify address
- Now enter your PIN and click on submit
If you have performed the above-mentioned steps, your AdSense account is verified.
After your PIN is generated you need to enter it in your account in the next four months. AdSense will stop showing Ads if you have not entered the PIN within this period. The PIN will be generated and mailed to you after a week of when the threshold is reached.
If you haven’t received your PIN, you can request a new one by navigating to Settings >> Account Information >> Resend PIN. Make sure that your payment address is correct otherwise you are likely to lose your PIN again. As per Google, there are only three attempts to request a PIN, after which Google will not issue you a PIN. Understand that all the PINS are same and even if you receive an old PIN that was dispatched to you, use it to verify your account at the earliest.
If you don’t receive your PIN, Google allows you to verify your account through official documents in some cases if the country’s postal service has a reputation for being unreliable. While in some countries, verification is only possible through the PIN.
How long does it take to get AdSense PIN?
After your PIN is generated it might take up to 4 weeks or more depending on your location. If you don’t receive your PIN within four weeks you will need to request a new PIN. You can do this by logging in to your account and see the Account settings page under the Home tab.
How to track Google AdSense PIN?
The AdSense PIN is dispatched to the payment address listed by you in your AdSense account. It is solely up-to-the mailing service of the country to deliver it to you. There’s no tracking ID or any other way to track your PIN as the country’s postal service delivers the PIN.
How much can I earn from AdSense?
The number is dependent on a lot of factors like the number of people visiting the site, the kinds of ads that Google will run on your page, the amount of money that advertisers are paying for their ads.
To make a rough estimate you have to look at the traffic and cost per click or CPC. Different countries have different CPC rates. Pakistan has an average CPC 84 percent less than the US average.
A complete list of the CPC across the world can be compared here.
However, the type of ads that are displayed on the webpage can greatly increase or decrease your earnings. For example, if there is a good ad more people are likely to click on it, whereas very few people will click on a weird ad.
Traffic from developed countries ensures greater earning, whereas, traffic from underdeveloped countries means a low earning.
Apart from CPC, there are other bid types as well. One of which is CPM – the cost per thousand impressions. Advertisers will pay you a fixed price without the number of clicks.
How to optimize Google AdSense ads?
Placing ads on your website is easy, earning revenue from those ads is a very tough ask. Well, there are a number of optimization tips which can be used to earn a lot of revenue. Let’s have a look at some of the best practices which can help you earn more money.
- Make sure you design ad styles in a way to complement your website, those ads which don’t blend in with the website content look ugly.
- Put multiple ad units wherever you can as long as the page content is more than the ads.
- As per Google, 720×90, 336×280, 160×600, and the 320×100 mobile banner perform best.
- Make sure there’s a flow in your content. Wrongly placed ads push website users away.
- Use both display and text ads to maximize your revenues.
- Don’t allow the users to scroll down the page; place ads at the top of the pages – these work great for CPM ads.
Can I Make money with Google AdSense without a website?
Don’t have a website with regular visitors? Don’t worry, Google AdSense has an answer to this as well. There are a couple of ways to earn money using AdSense without a website.
- AdSense for YouTube
All you have to do is to post videos to your YouTube channel. The more the views, greater are the chances of making money. Make sure you publish unique videos without violating any copyrights, doing so may result in taking down of your video or even the termination of your channel.
- Revenue-sharing websites
Some of the free revenue-sharing websites like Squidoo, SheToldMe, Hubpages etc. allow AdSense users to share/publish their articles/content whereon the AdSense ads are placed by these websites; a certain percentage of the ad’s earning, as per the website’s policy, will go to the user.
How to buy AdSense account?
To save yourself from the trouble of making a new AdSense account and getting it approved, you can buy ready-to-use, approved and verified accounts.
These accounts are hard to get and can be very expensive, with the possibility of scammers ready to fool you. While buying an AdSense account, make sure you verify every tiny detail before paying the amount.
Buying an AdSense is not advised as there are possibilities of scam, and after some time your account may be banned permanently by Google. It is hard to find reliable AdSense account sellers in Pakistan.
How to reactivate suspended AdSense account? How to recover AdSense account? How to appeal Google AdSense disabled?
Google reserves the right to suspend or disable any AdSense account if the user violates its policies. The AdSense account can be suspended/disabled based on two reasons. These are:
- Invalid traffic
To request Google to reinstate your account for invalid traffic, you can file an appeal here.
- Policy reasons
Before disabling the account, Google suspends the account by giving the following reasons
- Warning message
- Disable ad serving
To keep a track of the policy violations, you can review your ‘violations history’ in the AdSense account. If the user continues to violate the policies even after the suspension period is over, Google is entitled to disable the AdSense account.
If the account is disabled for policy reasons, you can appeal Google to reinstate your account by filling out the form here.
You are advised to submit the appeal once, more than one appeals shall not be entertained.
How to change AdSense address?
Luckily, you can change the address for payment by following simple steps. These are:
- Go to Settings in the left navigation panel
- Manage Payments
- Edit ‘Name and address’ by clicking on the edit icon
- Update address in the ‘Address’ field
How to delete AdSense account?
Cancelling your AdSense account is a very easy step; however, you need to understand the terms and conditions before performing the action.
While many people complain that they do not receive payment after the cancellation of the account, the reason behind this is that the account does not either have the account balance required to request a withdrawal, or you haven’t fixed the issues before cancellation.
Do the following to permanently cancel your AdSense account.
- Go to Settings
- Account Information
- Cancel Account
- Eligible to receive final payment
- Provide a reason for cancellation
- Confirmation and acceptance of T&Cs
- Not eligible to receive the final payment
- Account balance less than the threshold
- Click checkbox stating you understand that you won’t be able to receive any outstanding payment
- Provide a reason for cancellation
- Confirmation and acceptance of T&Cs
- Account balance greater than the threshold
- Fix the issues and make sure you conform to the requirements
- Start from the beginning
- Account balance less than the threshold
- Eligible to receive final payment
How to receive payment from Google AdSense?
The most common way of receiving payments from Google AdSense is through a wire transfer. It is the most reliable and easiest way of getting your money, which Google sends directly to your bank.
The payment can be received via the following methods:
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
- EFT via Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA)
- Wire transfer (available in Pakistan)
- Western Union Quick Cash (available in Pakistan)
For setting up payment details, you need to go to do the following after signing in to your AdSense account:
- Go to Settings
- Click Payments
- Go to Manage Payment Methods
- Go to ‘Add Payment Method’
In this section, you are required to add your bank account information. Keep in mind that the payment information cannot be entered until you haven’t crossed the threshold which is roughly around $100.
The following information is required by Google to set up your payment method.
- Account holder name (ALI ANSAR)
- Bank name (Habib Bank Limited)
- SWIFT-BIC (8 or 11 characters):
- 4 letter bank code
- 2 letter country code
- letter location code
- 3 letter branch code (optional)
- IBAN (XX1100110101000010001111111P1)
For receiving wire transfers from the United States, your bank may provide intermediary instructions, which are:
- Intermediary bank details
- Intermediary SWIFT-BIC
Ideas to Make Money with AdSense
Now that you know everything about Google AdSense, you must be wondering where to start. Don’t worry, we are here to help and by the end of this post, you will be able to start working on your terms, be your own boss and earn quite a lot of money (if it works out for you).
Now we will discuss the most reliable ways of earning money with Google AdSense, detailed guides on where to begin and how to go about things, in short everything you need to know for earning money online through AdSense.
Blogging has become a hugely popular way of earning money online while expressing your views. A blog is a website containing a writer’s or group of writers’ own experiences, observations, opinions, etc., and often having images and links to other websites, as defined by Dictionary dot com.
The best part is, it’s a very simple process. It does not matter if you are a novice, all you need is some motivation and some determination to keep yourself together through the process.
Blogging is the new cool in the online community and more and more people are turning to blogging as a hobby while having a pretty good chance of earning money from what they love to do. If your hobby earns you money, there’s no better hobby (trust me).
While there are tens of blogging platforms where you can start your own blog for free, but two of the most widely used platforms include WordPress and Google Blogger.
Here is a step by step guide for starting your own blog (and earn money from it through AdSense).
Follow the below-given easy steps to set up your blog on Blogger.
- Go to Blogger website https://www.blogger.com/
- Click create your blog
- Sign in with your Google account
- Decide a title for your blog, enter the blog address ([email protected]) which will be checked for availability by Google if its available choose a theme
- Add a new post and get to work
- Go to Earnings tab in the left navigation pane
Now that you know all about the eligibility criteria for AdSense and how the payments work, all you need is to meet those eligibility requirements. It’s not hard, but it can be a slow process however, consistency is the key. Once you have started writing, never give up. Keep it going on and on and on. You will eventually get there and qualify for the Google AdSense program. Even that doesn’t guarantee success and you still have to work hard to bring regular traffic to your blog. Once you have a regular readership, you will start making good amounts of money.
Before going any further, it would be helpful if you buy a domain name and hosting. Don’t worry, domain names and hosting can be easily purchased without putting a lot of burden on your pockets.
- Set up a custom domain by going to Settings >> Blog Address >> Set up a third-party URL for your blog
- Enter the domain address that you have bought from a domain and hosting website like GoDaddy.
- If you haven’t bought a domain, you will see this warning
- Here’s how you can buy a domain for your blog. Go to GoDaddy.pk or any other domain provider and search for a domain name that appeals the most to you and pay for it
- Visit your account to link it to your blog
- Go to My Domains and click Manage DNS Settings
- Enter CNAME details from Blogger
- Enter the second CNAME
- The final step is the IP Addresses setting for BlogSpot.
Four IP address for google BlogSpot
Once you’ve done all these steps properly, your global settings for the blog will update within half an hour and your custom domain will start to work.
WordPress is world’s favourite blogging platform, also referred to as a Content Management System (CMS).
For starters, there are two ways to start blogging on WordPress.
- org – a self-hosted version of WordPress which is the preferred choice for serious bloggers who are looking to earn some real money and not be bogged down by limitations of the blogging platform.
- com – A relatively easier way of starting your own blog, but this is recommended for those who are just interested in sharing their views not-so-regularly to a limited audience. Whenever you decide to take blogging more seriously, it’s time to shift to the self-hosted version of the platform mainly because of the limitations of free version.
Before we move to setting up the WordPress, let’s have a look at a few other ways of making money from WordPress blog apart from Google AdSense.
- WordAds – the advertisemenet solution for WordPress users
- To avail this go this link and sign up using your WordPress account: https://wordads.co/signup/
- WordAds pays for impressions and not for ad views therefore its easy to earn money if you have good traffic
- To track the earnings, go to Settings -> WordAds in your WordPress dashboard
- Affiliate Marketing – WordPress allows you to display affiliate links
- Sponsored Posts – If you have managed to attract a strong fan base for you blog, you can find sponsors and advertisers who are willing to pay you for placing their content on your blog
- Sell Online – You can also start selling your products or someone else’s and charge a commission for each sale
We will discuss how to set up the WordPress.org variant of the CMS and how to earn money from it. Before we proceed to setting up and installing WordPress, you need to do the following:
- Buy a domain name web hosting from a reputed service provider
Once you have your own domain name and web hosting, you can proceed to the next steps. Most of the WordPress users prefer to use managed WordPress hosting which covers everything from installing and setting up your WordPress for you.
However, if you are interested in doing these steps manually, but you will need the following:
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP) access to your web server, which will be provided by your web hosting provider
- FTP client like FileZilla or Cyberduck which can be downloaded for free online
Now you have to download the latest WordPress from the official website.
- Upload these downloaded files to the web server using FTP
- Next step would be to create a MySQL database and user for WordPress
- Connect and configure WordPress to the database
- Give finishing touches to the WordPress configuration
It is advised that you should use some expert’s advice and/or services for setting up the WordPress manually.
- Once your WordPress is installed, you can customize it by installing different themes and plugins as you desire.
- After downloading, you can navigate to Appearance >> Themes >> Add New
- Upload theme
- Activate theme
- If you wish to delete any theme, you can navigate to Appearances >> Themes and click the theme you want to delete. It can be deleted by clicking on delete option given at the bottom of the preview
If you’re not good at content, don’t worry a wee bit. There are other alternatives too, and almost as productive as blogging, if not more. While we all have heard about people making videos and earning through AdSense via YouTube.
You may be wondering how people have been earning six-figure incomes from their home, playing games or uploading videos without putting in a lot of effort. Becoming a self-made celebrity was never this easy, but thanks to YouTube you can be one. Doesn’t matter if you are a passionate gamer willing to broadcast yourself while gaming or you love to teach people through tutorials, YouTube is the go-to place for you. Doing what you love and earning a side income through it is the BEST combination you can ever come across.
What are you waiting for then? Brainstorm the ideas, think of strategies to earn money via YouTube (and of course read this guide). Be your own boss. Here’s how you can get started.
- Sign in with your Google account
- Go to Account Settings from the left navigation pane
- Click Create a Channel
- Enter how you want to name your channel
- You can see your channel page now
- You can customize your channel here
- By clicking upload a video, you can add videos to your channel
Make sure you post unique videos regularly. Copyright infringement is a very serious matter and YouTube takes it very seriously. Whatever you do, make sure you go through YouTube’s policies very carefully and abide by those terms.
Once your YouTube channel is approved to join the YouTube Partner Program you can link it to your AdSense account to start making money.
- To link an AdSense account with your YouTube channel visit this page and answer the below-given questions.
- For Account Monetization, go to https://www.youtube.com/account_monetization
- If your channel is eligible for YouTube Partner Program, you can set your monetization preferences
- Once you have performed all these steps, you will be redirected to AdSense
- Log in to your AdSense account and confirm whether the email at the top right corner is the same as the one you use to manage your AdSense account
- Accept the association and it will redirect you to your YouTube channel
It may take 48 hours for the association to be verified and the successful linking will be highlighted in your YouTube account as soon as it is done.
To earn money using YouTube’s Partner Program you need to have a verified AdSense account, must meet the eligibility criteria.
Revenue Sharing Websites
Revenue sharing websites provide opportunities for creative creators to earn money by creating content that is purposeful and entertaining. The creators can generate a healthy income as these sites will remunerate them as per the quality and quantity of the content.
You can write up in any theme or particularly a freelance writer could get paid by article submission according to their choice on many sites that support this type of content. There are also popular video sharing websites where users can publish original content and gain income accordingly to their popularity.
HubPages have become centre of attention for paying the writers and accepting anyone. Their infrastructure works so that the top content flows to the top thus earning more money for its authors.
- Sign up for the website
This process is fairly simple as you need to provide your name email address and the password. You might have to see tutorials but it’s not always the case.
- Start Writing your content
The functionality of “Hubs” they offer is somewhere midway between a following a structure and creating your own personal blog.
Make Sure your content to fit in accordingly to their guidelines.
- Register for monetization
Hub pages will offer you different methods for monetization. The exact methods are eBay affiliates, Amazon affiliates, and Google AdSense. You will be given a special affiliate ID and this runs at a 60/40 split with the overall HubPages ID. So, say if 100 people visit your hub 60 will see ads with your ID and other will see ads with Hub pages ID, in other words, Hub pages are taking cut of your traffic, not from payments made to you.
- Create “relevant” content
Just writing about anything isn’t enough as it doesn’t garner any views, so a good way to generate healthy cash is to write hubs about what people are really searching for and this is where you need to get a knowhow of keyword research.
- Keyword Research
To get a full useful knowledge on the topic you need to look into this article where this topic is wholly covered.
Furthermore, a good advantage of hub pages is the offered freedom, while on other websites you have to stick to a niche but in Hub pages, you can cover the topics related to popular keywords to generate views.
- Write more and Share it
After familiarizing how to pick out topics that have potential, it’s time to write your heart out on them. Search up and keep publishing relevant content to gain more popularity on your stories. A good way of promotion is sharing our hubs. Legally you can share them on social media and on relevant forums to get more ad clicks as sharing increases views.
Consider that some average-level Hub Pages writers make around $2 per hub per month, and you can then scale your content accordingly. Keep writing and publishing as it takes a long time to rack up enough search clout to bring in views and there is a learning curve with Hub Page’s audience and keyword research.