PTA Keeps Strict Check on SIM Sales
Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) is apparently not relaxed after the launch of new system of SIM activation through verification from the National Database and Registration Authority – as the regulator said it is constantly monitoring the sale process and keeping an eye on all operators.
In an announcement PTA said that its zonal offices located at Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar, Quetta, Rawalpindi and Muzaffarabad are checking authorized customer services centers, franchises and retailers of mobile operators to ensure that no SIM is sold and activated without adopting the new procedure.
At the same time PTA has also directed cellular operators to take all possible measures to facilitate mobile users. The Authority has made it clear that stern action will be taken if any violation is found and surprise checks of retailers and franchises will also be conducted.
It may be recalled that according to new system, a non-activated SIM would be sold to the consumer after checking his original CNIC and filling of Cellular Service Agreement (CSA) form.
The consumer will then call 789 from the same SIM and the call center would ask them a few questions to verify the data provided by the consumer. After the online verification of the consumer’s antecedents from NADRA, the SIM would be activated in the name of the verified customer. In case of incorrect answers, the consumer will be asked to contact customer services center of the concerned mobile operator or the NADRA Swift Center.
- No Pre-Activated SIMs to be Sold after January 31st
- Details of New System for SIM Verification and its Background
- NADRA to Get Contract for Deployment of Biometric Verification System for SIM Sales
- Rehman Malik Gets in Action Against Cellular Operators
- New SIM Rules: Future of Retailers is Yet to be Decided
- Cellular Companies Set Ready for New SIM Verification System
- Chairman PTA Inspected CS Centers