Online Facility for Overseas Pakistanis to Block Extra SIMs
Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has introduced an online facility for overseas Pakistanis in order to get their SIMs data regularized or to block the extra SIMs/connections issued against their Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC). This automated facility has been made available on the websites of PTA and all cellular mobile operators.
Since the successful launch of “SIM Information System 668” a total of more than 12.6 million mobile subscribers have sought their SIM information through this system, out of which 9.2 million queries were received through SMS whereas 3.4 million queries were received through PTA’s web-link of SIM Information System.
An analysis of web queries revealed that around 60% of the total web queries were being made by Pakistani community living abroad. Written requests of overseas Pakistanis are also being received to facilitate them in lodging their complaints and getting extra SIMs removed against their CNICs. Overseas Pakistanis can now visit PTA’s Website http://www.pta.gov.pk/668/sim_info_overseas.html to resolve this issue.
It may be noted that PTA introduced “SIM Information System – 668” in October 2009, which enables the mobile subscribers to know total number of SIMs issued against their respective CNIC numbers with each mobile operator. A web-link of this service is already available on PTA’s website.
- More than 1.8 million Mobile Subscribers Have Verified their SIM's Data through 668
- Maximum 5 SIMs Allowed on 1 CNIC: Time to Block Your Inactive SIMs
- 668 Has Served 16 Million SIM Verification Requests
- Official: Check How Many SIMs are Registered against Your CNIC through SMS
- All Unverified SIMs To be Blocked by May 17: PTA
- PTA Keen about Consumers’ Problems: PTA Chief
- Chairman PTA Inspected CS Centers