Khalid Alvi To Replace Imran Khalid As Nokia Head
Khalid Alvi has been appointed as new Country Manager for Nokia (Handsets Unit) for Pakistan and Afghanistan, after departure of Imran Khalid Mehmood, reported Telecom Recorder, citing unnamed sources.
It is said that Mr. Khalid Alvi will be taking his charge soon in Nokia. He Possesses a business degree from IBA with vast professional experience to head FMCG in different countries including Pakistan.
Mr. Alvi is presently Vice President at ICI, while in the past, he has worked for Coca-Cola Company, F&N Coca Cola Malaysia, Pepsi Beverage Company and Unilever Pakistan.
As per reports, Imran Khalid Mahmood will be relocated to Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to head the operations there as Nokia’s Country Head.
Mr. Khalid Mahmood took the helm of affairs at Nokia Pakistan & Afghanistan as the Country General Manager in 2006 and continued to work in this capacity until the mid of 2011.
Imran was responsible to drive sales in the region along with execution of multiple business functions like Nokia Care, Marketing and Retail operations.
His latest achievement in Pakistan is the successful launch of its two dual SIM phones Nokia X1-01 and Nokia C2-00 at affordable price range that offer the convenience of dual SIM with most-wanted entertainment features.
Via Telecom Recorder
- Pakistan Exports Talent: Nokia Top Brass Promoted to Regional Heads
- Arif Shafique Appointed As Nokia Country Head
- Taxes Encourage Smuggling of Mobile Phones
- Nokia N8 Launched in Pakistan
- ‘Mozzaker’ for Nokia Phones to Enhance Itikaf Experience
- Dual SIMs: Nokia X1-01 and Nokia C2-00 Launched
- Nokia Tops all Brands in Pakistan: Nielsen Poll