Vote Checking Through SMS from March 1st
Eligible voters will soon be able verify the status of their votes in the new computerized voter lists prepared by Election Commission of Pakistan by just sending an via mobile phones from anywhere, any time across the country, reported Daily Times citing an official of the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP).
This long awaited service is going to see the light of the day on March 1st, 2012, said the report. After the service is launched, registered voters would be able to check the status of their votes and particulars through short messaging services (SMS).
How to check Vote Status:
- SMS your CNIC to 8300
- You will get a reply with your vote status
- Service Charges: Rs. 2 plus tax
Details suggest that sending an SMS with Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) number to 8300 will subsequently receive a message of around 160 characters in Urdu.
It will have the name, village/city, tehsil and district of the particular voter, location (electoral area) and serial number of vote registered in the preliminary electoral rolls.
The house number of voters will be kept confidential to ensure privacy and avoid misuse of the service.
After the introduction of the new service, it would be the responsibility of every eligible voter to make sure that his/her vote had been registered and to report any discrepancy to the ECP, said the media report.
- Vote Verification via SMS
- Vote Verification via SMS Served 4.5 Million Requests in 2 Weeks
- Vote Verification Service will Have Polling Station Info in SMS as well
- No Mobile Phones Inside Polling Stations on Election Day: ECP
- ECP, PTA Working on Vote Verification Through SMS
- Efficient, Cost Effective and Rigging Free Electronic Voting System for Pakistan Proposed
- High Turnout Expected in Elections 2013, Thanks to Social Media and Cell Phones