Naeem Zamindar Included in World Wimax Forum BoD
- Tom Mueller, General Manager, Digital Energy – Communications, General Electric
- Shoichi Hanatani, General Manager, Hitachi
- Scott Morrison, Executive Vice President and President, Telecom Infrastructure Business Unit, NewNet Communication Technologies
- Naeem Zamindar, CEO, Wateen Telecom
- Ali Tabassi, COO, YTL Communications
All five companies are worldwide leaders in the development and deployment of next generation wireless technology.
"The WiMAX Forum would like to welcome the newest members of its esteemed Board of Directors,” said Mohammad Shakouri, Chairperson of the WiMAX Forum Board of Directors. “Each of my new colleagues brings a wealth of experience to their roles, and the WiMAX Forum is fortunate to now have access to their guidance and leadership.”
“WiMAX provides a cost effective and scalable solution to the opportunity presented by a developing country like Pakistan where broadband penetration is less than 7% of households and demand is growing exponentially,” said Nameen Zamindar, CEO of Wateen Telecom.
“Our focus is on developing a complete business model focused on providing affordable plug and play fixed broadband access and WiFi enabled hotspots to meet this growing demand. We are pleased to bring our experience and drive for success to help lead the WiMAX industry” he added.
Other members of the WiMAX Forum Board of Directors include: Airspan Networks, Alvarion, Clearwire Corporation, Huawei Technologies, Information and Communications Research Laboratories at Taiwan’s Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI), Intel Corporation, KDDI, KT, Packet One Networks, Samsung, Sprint, and UQ Communications.
The WiMAX Forum also announced the election of Dr. Mohammad Shakouri as Chairperson of the Board of Directors.
- Naeem Zamindar Likely to Head Wateen Telecom
- WiMAX South Asia Summit to be Held in Islamabad
- President WiMAX Forum Visits Pakistan to Help Govt Understand Industry Challenges
- WiMAX Forum Issues Requirements for Smart Grids for Utility Networks
- WiMax Forum South Asia Conference 2012 concludes
- Wateen Sponsors Digital Marketing Conference
- Dr. Aun Abbas Appointed As CEO ICT R&D Fund