Comments are integral part of ProPakistani, thanks to the community that we have earned during the years. Most of the times the content in comments is more useful and informational then the articles/news reports that we do on ProPakistani. Its not bragging but a compliment for our readers who are so open in sharing information and their opinion with us.
On average one post on ProPakistani gets 28 comments with a total of 149,000 comments that we have received so far on 5300 posts. This shows that how seriously the community discusses the topics that we cover.
On readers’ demand yesterday we implemented a new commenting system powered by Disqus, a well known commenting platform used by variety of websites worldwide.
Here is how new commenting system should look like:
And here is the feature run down of Disqus:
- Comment using your Facebook, Twitter identities
- Option to comment with Name and Email only without registering
- Threaded comments and replies
- Real time notification of new comments
- Vote comments
- Order comments by: Newest, Oldest and Best Rated
- Notifications and reply by email
- Subscribe and RSS options
- Aggregated comments and social mentions
- Flag a comment that you find inappropriate
- Communities, and Track of your previous comments on ProPakistani and other websites
- And more
What Do You Think of New Commenting System:
We will test this commenting system for a week or two to evaluate it, after which we will see if this is the thing that our readers wanted or not.
“This blog is yours, I only work here”, as once said by Michael Arrington of TechCrunch, ProPakistani is run by feedback coming from our readers.
We will need your input on this move too. Please share your thoughts on this new commenting system and tell us if we should retain Disqus or the older and simpler commenting system was better than this?