The wait for the bezelless phones is finally over as the new breed of cool-looking devices have started surfacing. The latest effort comes from ZTE and is titled the Nubia Z9.
Nubia Z9 actually comes with a near-bezelless front, with 0.8mm thick bezels. However, they create an optical illusion to blend with the screen so you won’t notice them. The metallic frame is actually responsive due to Nubia’s FIT (Frame Interactive Technology) goodness.
Sliding two fingers on either side of the touchscreen, for instance, turns off the display while squeeze the sides twice takes a screenshot. The display itself consists of a 5.2” 1080p 2.5D panel. The result of all this goodness is a phone which is unlike almost anything else in the market.
Underneath, you get a 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor with 3 GB RAM and 64 GB storage. There is a duo of 16 and 8 megapixel Sony cameras on the back and front respectively. The main has a feature known as NeoVision 5.1 which results in much detailed pictures while the front has an 80-degree wide-angle lens.
Connectivity options include NFC, 4G LTE and MHL 3.0. Dolby 7.1 Sound is supported. Battery capacity is set at 2,900 mAh.
ZTE Nubia9 Classic
ZTE Nubia9 Exclusive
Here are the specs once again:
- CPU: Quad-core Cortex A-57 and Quad-core Cortex-A53
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 810
- OS: Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with Nubia UI 3.0
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE
- Design: 0.8mm thin bezels with FIT technology, Metal body
- Display: 5.2” 2.5D panel with 1080p resolution
- RAM: 3 GB
- Internal: 64 GB
- Card slot: TBA
- Primary: 16 megapixel with f/2.0 aperture and OIS
- Secondary: 8 megapixel with 80-degree angle
- Connectivity: NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, MHL 3.0
- Battery: 2,900 mAh
- Price: Around $480
The phone will come in Standard, Elite and Exclusive editions, with the latter two said to come with more RAM and finger-print scanners. Either version will make you proud, though.