This year too, like has been the case in preceding years, Samsung has unveiled the tougher version of its Galaxy S6 flagship. The phone comes with a rugged design and beefy specs.
The phone comes with a 5.1” display with QHD display. The screen is made of a Super AMOLED panel. Powering that display is an octa-core Exynos 7420 processor with 4 Cortex-A57 and 4 Cortex-A53 processors. Accompanying it is 32 GB worth of internal storage and 3 GB worth RAM.
There is no microSD. The back and front boast 16 and 5 megapixel cameras respectively, with the back unit capable of 2160p videos. Connectivity options include NFC, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi ac, LTE and GPS. The battery capacity is set at a healthy 3,500 non-removable and supports wireless charging.
However, the most important feature is the rugged packaging of the phone, which we feel is an acquired taste. The phone comes is IP68 and Mil-STD-810G-certified which means it can withstand underwater pressure of up to 1.5 meters for up to 30 minutes. Furthermore, it is shock, thermal and dust-proof so you’ll never have to worry about saving your phone from whatever surroundings you’re in again.
Here are the specs of the phone:
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active Specifications:
- CPU: 1.5 Ghz quad-core Cortex-A53 + 2.1 Ghz quad-core Cortex-A57
- Chipset: Exynos 7420
- OS: Android 5.0.2 with Touchwiz
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G
- Design: IP68 and Mil-STD-810G certification
- Dust and water-resistant for up to 30 min under 1.5 meters
- Display: 5.1” Super AMOLED with QHD resolution
- Internal: 32 GB
- Card slot: No
- Primary: 16 megapixel with 4K video
- Secondary: 5 megapixel full HD
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, IR Blaster, GPS, Wi-Fi 802.11ac
- Battery: 3,500 mAh non-removable, with wireless charging