Samsung has announced a new Neo version to its aging Galaxy S5 flagship, the new S5 Neo. The smartphone is at its heart just like the Galaxy S5, with a few features out but also with a few additions.
The front boasts a 5.1” Super AMOLED display with 1080p resolution. The design of the phone is virtually identical to the S5.
Underneath, you get the home-baked Exynos 7580 octa-core processor with eight Cortex-A53 cores clocked at 1.6 Ghz. Alongside is 2 GB RAM, 16 GB storage, which is expandable via microSD, and Mali-T720 GPU.
Towards the back is a 16 megapixel camera with 1080p video (down from 4K) and LED Flash, along with a heart-rate sensor. There’s also a new 5 mp shooter above the display, along with an FM Radio.
The S5 Neo features IP67 certification, as well as a flapless microUSB port.
The phone also gets new, faster LTE Cat.6 connectivity thanks to a new modem. The fingerprint sensor failed to make the cut, though. The phone is up for pre-orders in a few countries, priced at 439 Euros. Final pricing might be different though upon its release in late August. It will be available in Black, Gold, Silver and Dark Blue.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo Specifications:
- CPU: 1.6 Ghz Cortex-A53
- Chipset: octa-core Exynos 7580
- OS: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with TouchWiz UI
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE
- IP67 certification
- 5.1” Super AMOLED display with 1080p (1080 x 1920) resolution
- RAM: 2 GB
- Internal: 16 GB
- Card slot: yes, up to 128 GB
- Primary: 16 megapixel camera with 1080p video
- Secondary: 5 megapixel
- Connectivity: FM Radio, Bluetooth, LTE Cat.6, Wi-Fi
- Battery: 2,800 mAh removable
- Price: 439 Euros