Tune.pk will be celebrating its 4th anniversary this month. The company aims to explore untapped talent from Pakistan and discover stars in the video-streaming space.
The ban on YouTube in Pakistan gave Tune.pk an opportunity to prove itself. In the last three years, Tune.pk worked on improvements at its platform. After the removal of the ban on YouTube in Pakistan, Tune.pk viewership also rose with the renewed interest in video-streaming sites in Pakistan.
From 17th December 2015 to 2016, Tune.Pk showed an 80% increase in the traffic generated.
The viewership from Pakistan for Tune.pk is only 37%, with the site boasting of international viewership from countries like Thailand, France, India, and Middle East etc. Tune.pk is hoping to portray Pakistan in a positive light globally, trying to eradicate the stereotypes attached to the country.
Here are some stats the Tune.pk team shared with ProPakistani:
- Sessions increased from 1.13 million sessions per day to 2.12 million sessions per day in one year
- Quarterly traffic:
- 30.8 million in Q4 2015
- 40.2 million in Q1 2016
- 54.8 million Q2 2016
- 67.4 million Q3 2016
This past year, Tune.pk launched “Tune with Mustafa”, a digital interview show. Now it wants to do its bit to promote Pakistani music. Tune.pk is working on a music show, with the production starting with Lahore and moving to other cities subsequently.
This year, Tune.pk has also focused on partnering with local brands. Here are some of them that happened during 2015-2016:
- Partnership with Ismart film as digital media for pocket cinema film festival.
- Digital media partnership with BNU festival
- Digital media partnership with Softec FAST
- Digital media partnership with Click TV
- Digital media partnership with PakWheels
New features for the website have been launched and some are in the pipeline. Here is a brief summary of everything that is yet to come:
- Ticketing System platform features the Tune.pk team on hand to answer any general query by users, corporate brands, etc.
- Player v4 is built for lighter CPUs. Its user interface has been overhauled to enhance user experience. Video load times has improved, as has the ad viewing experience. The new updated UI has video preview over seek bar.
- Live Notifications provide a better experience to users. Users are notified when their videos are converted and also lets them keep track of new comments. Notifications are handled in real-time, with no page refresh required.
Tune.pk hopes to serve as a local alternative to products made by internet giants. By rolling out a highly scalable platform, Tume.pk also has plans to serve the international audience in addition to local ones.