Uber, one of the world’s largest ride sharing service, is introducing a much-needed addition to their services.
Uber’s ‘Schedule a Ride’ feature — that’s rolled out in various global markets recently — is now also available in Pakistan.
The company, on its official blog, has mentioned that its users can schedule a ride some 15 minutes to 30 days before the ride.
As many users of the service know, getting a ride through Uber in Pakistan means getting it then and there. Previously users did not have the option to book a ride at a specific future time and place.
“We totally get it, and that’s why Lahore is now starting a roll out of Scheduled Rides.
With just a few taps on your app, you can schedule your ride 15 minutes to 30 days in advance and have the comfort of knowing your Uber will be there when it’s time to head out.”
How it works:
- Select uberGO and tap “Schedule a Ride.”
- Set your pickup date, time, location, and destination.
- Confirm the details of your upcoming trip and tap “Schedule uberGO.” You can cancel at anytime before your ride is on the way.
- Uber will send you reminders both 24 hours and 30 minutes in advance of your pickup.
- You’ll be notified after your ride is on the way, as well as whether surge pricing applies.
Thanks Junaid for the screen-grab.