Leaks spring up on the internet every now and then. Depending on the sources, some can be reliable (and often turn out to be accurate) while some aren’t.
What if so much information about something is leaked that there is no doubt about the credibility? One such leak is of Huawei’s Mate 9.
Earlier rumors point towards a Kirin 960 chipset to be included in the upcoming Huawei Mate 9. There are not a lot of details available regarding the processor or the GPU. The processor will be a 64 bit ARM-Artemis based 8 core chip.
It will also run Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box. You can expect Huawei’s custom skin on Android Nougat though.
On the display side of things Huawei’s Mate 9 will sport a 5.9″ QHD (2560 x 1440) display. An all metal build is also rumored and a massive 4,000 mAh battery might power the phone. A dual camera setup will be used for the rear cameras. Leica’s lenses will be used, each of which will be 12MP. It will record video at 4K (3840 x 2160) resolution as is the norm with high end phones these days.
The front camera is rumored to be an 8MP shooter which will be limited to 1080p (1920 x 1080) video recording capabilities.
Three Variants Coming Up
As you can see from the image, three models of the Huawei Mate 9 will be released.
The top of the line model will come with 6GB of RAM and 256GB storage. It also has the highest number of color options available, with an exclusive black color reserved for it. It will cost CNY 4,700 (Rs. 73,700)
In the middle sits the 4GB RAM model with 128 GB of storage, it does not have the black color option but it does have an additional brown and pink color option. It will cost CNY 3,700 (Rs. 58,000)
These two will be dual SIM by default.
At the bottom the 4GB RAM and 64GB storage option comes with the least amount of colors. It will cost CNY 3,200 (Rs. 50,000) for the single SIM variant and CNY 3,400 (Rs. 53,300) for the dual SIM variant.
There is no official word regarding the prices in Pakistan. You can expect prices in Pakistan to be at least Rs. 5-10,000 higher than the base prices mentioned here.
Huawei Mate 9 Rumored Specifications
- CPU: 64 bit Octa core, unknown processors
- GPU: Unknown
- Chipset: Huawei Kirin 960
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat based Emotion UI
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE, dual-SIM (single SIM option available for 64GB model)
- Design: Metal Unibody Frame
- Dual cameras
- 5.9” display with QHD (2560 x 1440) resolution
- RAM: 4/6 GB
- Internal: 64(has single SIM option)/128/256 GB
- Card slot: Unknown
- Primary: 12MP Dual Lens Leica Cameras /4K video recording (3840 x 2160)
- Secondary: 8MP/1080p (1920 x 1080) video recording
- Connectivity: GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/, USB type-C
- Colors: Silver, Gold, Grey, Brown (128/256GB model), Pink (128/256GB model), Black (256GB model only)
- Battery: 4,000 mAh with fast charging capabilities
- Price: CNY 4,700 (Rs. 73,700) 256GB model, CNY 3,700 (Rs. 58,000) 128GB model, CNY 3,200 (Rs. 50,000) 64GB model single SIM, CNY 3,400 (Rs. 53,300) 64GB model dual SIM