E-stamp papers are here to rid you of problems and government workers overcharging you for something overly simple. Faking stamp papers, selling them for a higher price than mentioned on the paper and issuing stamp papers for an older date will no longer be possible.
The e-stamp paper project was done by Government of Punjab in collaboration with Punjab Information Technology Board (PITB), Board of Revenue and Bank of Punjab (BoP). It will cover 36 districts in Punjab.
— Punjab 2013-18 (@Punjab13to18) December 28, 2016
The e-stamp papers will be used for property transactions, used by real-estate agents and regular property buyers/sellers.
These will be valued at above Rs. 1,000 for non-judicial stamp papers and any value for judicial stamp papers. You can easily use the e-stamp papers anywhere within the Punjab province as well.
The process will save time as well. You will not need to get through the manual process and wait for 3 days to get it done. Instead you can get it done in just under 15 minutes.
Previously you would have to submit the stamp paper to the office of the sub-registrar, cooperative housing societies, housing authorities etc. They will now be given access to the verification system via web or SMS, simplifying the process and making it hassle-free for all stakeholders.
How to Get An E-Stamp Paper
- Head to www.es.punjab.gov.pk and fill out the Challan form 32-A.
- Get the form printed out and go to any branch of the Bank of Punjab.
- Pay the stamp duty along with the Challan form to get the e-stamp paper then and there.
- Once you receive the e-stamp paper, you will need to get it verified by sending an SMS to 8100.
- Type “estamp” followed by the 16 digit stamp number and hit send.
There is also a helpline: 0800 – 08100 available from 9 AM to 5 PM in case you run into trouble or need help with some thing.