The next round of Australian Awards is now open. This time, students from Pakistan and other Asian countries will be able to participate as well.
These awards are sponsored by the Australian government and offer scholarships as well as fellowships with an opportunity to undertake study, research and professional development in Australia.
Australia has been helping Pakistan as well with its international development assistance, particularly for:
- Promoting economic growth
- Poverty reduction
- Women empowerment
- Good governance
- and stability
The round of scholarships will allow students in Pakistan to apply for their Master’s level degrees in Australia. Benefits of this program include:
- Full tuition fees
- Return air travel
- Establishment allowance
- Health insurance
- Contribution towards living expenses
To be considered eligible for the program, you can apply for it if you fit into one of these roles:
- Public Policy Practitioners
- Public Policy Reformers and Leaders
- Civil Society and Development Practitioners
- Private Sector Reformers
- Promoters of Pro-poor Growth
The eligibility requirements state that the applicant must be:
- A Pakistani resident, living in the country for at least 2 years
- Should have Pakistani citizenship
- At least 16 years of education completed
- Must not be more than 45 years of age
- Have at least five years’ relevant work experience.
- Be able to satisfy all requirements of the Australian Government to hold a Foreign Affairs or Defence Sector (Subclass 500) visa.
Where and How to Apply
You can apply online for the program here.
It is recommended that you read this handbook beforehand if you are thinking about applying for a scholarship in Australia.
For more information about the requirement for applying for an Australian scholarship visa, head over to Pakistan’s profile.