Huawei has launched its long-awaited flagship smartphone, the P10, in Pakistan. Special arrangements for a ‘First Sale Experience’ were made at Hafeez Centre in Lahore for this purpose.
At the event, the audience had the chance to win a Huawei P10 through a lucky draw.
The phone itself is an incremental update over its predecessor, the Huawei P9. It will be available in Pakistan for Rs. 59,999. With that, you will also get Zong’s 4G SIM and 12 GB data (for the next 3 months).
Design and Display
The design is similar to the P9. The back features the now usual dual camera setup with Leica branding and a textured hyper diamond finish, which helps it avoid fingerprint smudges.
At the front, there’s a 5.1 inch 1080p IPS screen with a 432 ppi pixel density. The front is covered with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 5 panel for protection and features a fingerprint sensor that doubles up as the home, back and multi task button.
Internals and Storage
Moving towards the inside of the P10, you get a Hisilicon Kirin 960 octa-core processor with 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal storage. Expandable storage of up to 256 GB is available via a hybrid SIM/microSD card slot.
On the OS front comes Android 7.0 Nougat with Huawei’s custom EMUI 5.1 skin on top. You can tap the fingerprint sensor for the “back” function, hold it for home and swipe for multi-tasking.
Huawei P10 also features machine learning that disables apps not in use. Additionally, the phone can predict where you will tap next which allows it to respond faster than ordinary phones. Amazons Alexa will also be available with the Huawei P10.
Cameras are something of a specialty for Huawei flagship and the P10 is no exception. The primary sensors at the back of the phone feature 12 MP RGB + 20 MP monochrome Leica lenses. The two Leica sensors also feature dual camera pixel binning technology and better detail preservation in night shots thanks to the monochrome sensor.
There’s Optical Image Stabilization with phase detection, laser autofocus and dual-LED (dual tone) flash. There’s the usual 4K video recording with an additional [email protected] option.
The front camera employs an 8 MP f/1.9 sensor, also by Leica.
All of this is powered by a 3,200 mAh battery with Huawei’s SuperCharge technology for fast charging. The battery life isn’t any different from last year’s P10 which is a letdown.
Huawei P10 Specifications
- Chipset: Octa core HiSilicon Kirin 960
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat with EMUI 5.1
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G, 4.5G LTE; Dual SIM
- Dimensions: 145.3 x 69.3 x 7 mm
- Weight: 145 g
- 2.5D Screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 5.1” IPS 2.5D with 1080p (1920 x 1080) resolution (432 ppi)
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal: 64 GB
- Card slot: yes, up to 256 GB of expandable storage
- Primary: Dual 20 MP + 12 MP, f/2.2, OIS, Leica optics, HDR, phase detection and laser autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash, 4K video
- Secondary: 8 MP, f/1.9
- Fingerprint scanner
- Connectivity: USB-C, NFC, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, Wi-Fi ac, GPS
- Battery: 3200 mAh with SuperCharge
- Colors: Mystic Silver, Rose Gold, Graphite Black, Dazzling Gold, Dazzling Blue, Greenery
- Price: Rs. 59,999 (with free Zong 4G SIM + 12 GB Data for 3 months)