Huawei has launched another entry level phone with the Y3 2017. Although it is an “entry level” phone, the Y3 2017 looks like a phone from 2015, at least in terms of its specifications.
This device is now available in Pakistan and will be available in 3 colors – white, gray, gold.
The Huawei Y3 2017 has been priced at Rs. 12,999.
Design and Display
As mentioned earlier, it looks like a phone from 2015. The design is as generic and bland as they come. The phone features a 5 inch IPS LCD display with 480 x 854 resolution, which seems primitively low for this price.
Internals and Storage
Huawei Y3 2017 comes with a 1.1 GHz quad core Mediatek MT6737М processor. Smartphones in this price range feature similar chipsets. It comes with 1 GB RAM and 8 GB internal storage. The RAM is low for this price as well with 1 GB instead of the usual 2 GB in this range.
The phone’s storage is expandable via a microSD card slot.
Y3 2017 comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Huawei’s Emotion UI skin on top of it. It is a dual SIM phone by default.
Camera and Battery
For the primary camera, Huawei Y3 2017 uses an 8 MP sensor with autofocus and LED flash. The front camera employs a 2 MP shooter.
Huawei Y3 2017 includes a 2,200 mAh battery which should last you through 1 day of average use.
Huawei Y3 2017 Specifications
- CPU: 1.1 GHz Quad-Core Cortex-A53
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6737M
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with EMUI 4.1
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE; Dual-SIM
- Weight: 175 g
- Dimensions: 145.1 x 73.7 x 9.5 mm
- Display: 5” IPS with 480 x 854 resolution (~195 ppi)
- RAM: 1 GB
- Internal: 8 GB
- Card slot: yes, up to 128 GB
- Primary: 8 MP, autofocus, LED flash
- Secondary: 2 MP
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot, Bluetooth v4.0, GPS,
- Battery: 2,200 mAh
- Colors: White, Gray, Gold
- Price: Rs. 15,900