Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi today chaired a meeting of the Federal Cabinet at the Prime Minister’s Office.
Following decisions were taken during the meeting:
- The Federal Cabinet allowed the State Bank of Pakistan to acquire shares of ZTBL and HBFCL. The arrangement would settle the loans owed to SBP by ZTBL and HBFCL.
- The Combined Financial Statements of the Federation, all Provincial Governments and District authorities for the years 2010-2011 to 2013-2014 were also placed before the Federal Cabinet for perusal.
- The Cabinet approved a proposal for issuance of 50,000 pieces of commemorative coins of Rs. 50 in honor of Dr. Ruth Pfau.
- The Federal Cabinet approved a proposal to replace Ms. Faryal Jooma with Mr. Haq Nawaz as one of the members of the Board of Directors of PIACL.
- Appointment of Director Industrial and Commercial Relations (DICR) in Pakistan Ordinance Factories Board was approved.
- The Federal Cabinet agreed to a proposal to appoint Mr. Nawaz Raza, Chief Reporter Nawaiwaqt and Mr. Sarmad Ali, Managing Director Jang as private members of the Board of Directors of Associated Press of Pakistan Corporation.
- Appointment of four officers of Inland Revenue Service as Accountant Members in the Appellate Tribunal Inland Revenue was also approved.
- The Cabinet approved the appointment of Mr. Muhammad Azam as Director General Hydrocarbon Development Institute of Pakistan (HDIP) for a term of three years.
- Proposals submitted by Ministry of National Health Services, Regulations & Coordination regarding maximum retail prices of drugs were approved in principle.
- Proposal of the Ministry of Education and Professional Training to sign a Memorandum of Understanding in the field of Technical and Vocational Training between the Government of Algeria and the Government of Pakistan was also approved.
- The Cabinet approved the appointment of Rear Admiral Jamil Akhtar, HI (M) as Chairman Karachi Port Trust (KPT) for a period of three years.
- The Cabinet approved the appointment of Mr. Naeem Y. Zamindar as the Chairman of Board of Investment.