Last year Careem collaborated with the Punjab Information Technology Board (PITB) and Plan9 to provide a platform for young Pakistani entrepreneurs.
Careem ERUPT was born out of that simple idea – to enable young individuals who want to become their own bosses and grow their business ideas.
Careem is redefining and applying the same concept to bring entrepreneurs together in a virtual ecosystem. The main purpose of ERUPT is to reduce the distance between entrepreneurs and their startups from incubation centers, academia and industry leaders.
Most importantly, Careem has announced that almost all of their Incubation / Acceleration partners have given them Right to direct-incubation, which will apply for one startup per cohort.
Objectives of ERUPT
In a statement released on Facebook, Careem’s Talaal Burny said that Careem ERUPT will have following objectives:
- Empower current generation of entrepreneurs.
- Inspire next generation of entrepreneurs.
On ERUPT’s first objective, Talaal elaborated that it will:
- Make them experience the Careem-way.
- Bring real-time engagement with Careem.
- Make them learn how Careem has grown from a single room to become MENA region’s first unicorn.
- Help startups interact with Careem’s City-level as well as National level leadership,
- Shortlist selected founders that will be trained by the senior hierarchy at Careem’s Basecamp.
Telling about how ERUPT has helped and is helping students and young entrepreneurs, Talaal Burny said:
We go back from where ERUPT initiated in 2016, as a launchpad for university students to build viable startups. Help students to develop business plans on their FYPs. Inspire that majority of students graduate with a business plan (if not a startup).
We are helping incubators find hidden talent, and simultaneously providing talent with sustainability options – Talaal Burny
ERUPT and Partners
Apart from incubators, Careem ERUPT has partnered with following entities:
- Hult Prize Pakistan
- Momentum Tech Conference
- Founder Institute
- WomenX Pakistan
Talaal further added that this initiative isn’t a fundraiser of any kind, rather it is a platform that is aiming to bring newly born businesses and institutions together.