Microsoft, one of the richest companies around the globe, has partnered with the Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan to bring Microsoft’s Imagine Cup, a prestigious annual competition which brings together student developers worldwide, to help resolve some of the world’s toughest challenges.
An amazing opportunity for the youth of Pakistan to win up to $100,000 USD.
Students from all around the world participate in the Imagine Cup, sponsored and hosted by Microsoft, to utilize their potential by bringing their imagination and their passion towards creating technological solutions.
It is hoped that the platform made available through this collaborated effort will help students of Pakistan in recognition of their innovative ideas and relative projects.
What is new in Microsoft Imagine Cup 2018?
- Up to $100,000 prize for the winning team
- All technology projects are welcome, no longer bound by categories
- Maximum three (3) members per team
- Azure is required for all projects (Get FREE Azure for Students or Visual Studio Dev Essentials)
- Technology will be the primary judging criteria
How to participate in Microsoft Imagine Cup?
- Register — You can register for the competition by visiting this link, scrolling to the bottom, and clicking on “Register Now”.
- Create or Join an Imagine Cup Team — Imagine Cup teams are made of up to three eligible students. You can create a team from your profile page.
- Submit your project — You can submit and check the status of your entry from your Account page. The plan of submission for both regional and national finals of Pakistan is listed below.
The deadline for project submission is 26th of March. Here is a list of the regional finals deliverables you need to submit by that date,
- Project Title: The title of your project.
- Project Description: A short description of your project.
- Project Proposal: A Microsoft Word or PDF document no longer than ten pages, or a PowerPoint presentation no longer than twenty slides, which explains your project and your team.
- Project Software Instructions: A short document that explains how to install and use your project.
- Project Video OneDrive URL: The video should be a maximum of 3 minutes in length.