Lahore Garrison University has initiated a 2-day conference, which will conclude today, focusing on the advancements & scientific discoveries that are changing the trends of the world.
From Cybersecurity to Robotics, Deep Learning to Artificial Intelligence, several important avenues of future development in the realm of Computer Science and IT were discussed by the speakers, shedding light on crucial problems. These issues need to be addressed at a national level to create a safe environment.
Dr. Samar Mubarkmand, Principal Nuclear Scientist, Chief Guest of NCCSIT said that LGU’s mission is to play a leading role in technical and socio-economic development through academics and research, maintaining international quality standards.
In recent years, there has been a dramatic increase in the scope of Computer Sciences and IT worldwide, with an increasing demand for competent computer professionals, as well as solutions that can cater to the needs of today’s citizens.
In order to face the challenges, certain questions need to be answered such as,
- How to tackle some of the key problems (related to technological advancement) faced by computer scientists and what could possibly be done?
- Why is interdisciplinary science, which studies the societal and technological dimensions of knowledge evolution in a digital society and intelligent systems, important?
Maj Gen (R) Obaid Bin Zakria, HI (M) & Vice-Chancellor of LGU said that despite being a relatively new University, LGU has made a remarkable impact on the canvas of higher education in Lahore.
Since its inception, LGU has made significant progress within a short duration of 4 years, which is still ongoing.
He further added that NCCSIT’18 is an attempt to highlight the issues related to research and innovations in all aspects of Computer Science and IT.
The following speakers presented their research papers on the first day of NCCSIT’18:
- Fritz Bohmler from Germany. He spoke about Solar Energy & its Future in Pakistan
- Kamran Hussain, UOL. Title of his research was ‘Importance of Information Security Risks, Breaches and Countermeasures’
- Haider Abbas, NUST. On: ‘Cyber Security: A relentless Challenge for an individual to a Nation’
- Noman Naseer Air University. He spoke about ‘Neuro-robotics and Brain-computer interface for robotic rehabilitation’
- Wajahat M. Qazi CIIT. Title of his research was ‘Quantum Computing for Programming an Artificial Mind’
- Muhammad Arif PIEAS. He researched on ‘Image and Video Retrieval using Deep Learning’
- Muhammad Anwaar Saeed, Virtual University of Pakistan, Islamabad Title: ICT based Adaptive Pedagogical System
- Khawar Siddique Khokhar, UMT, Lahore. Title: A Role of Telecom Regulator under Prevention of Electronic Crimes ACT 2016