The senior citizens of the country are in for a treat as the Eid ul Fitr approaches. Pakistan Railways has issued a notification announcing free rides for all senior citizens on the first two days of Eid.
Anyone aged 65 and above will be able to avail the offer on all classes of Pakistan Railways. An official notification in this regard has already been issued by the caretaker Ministry of Pakistan Railways.
The tickets will be booked in advance through the e-ticketing system. Moreover, they can also be availed through Railways physical booking and reservation offices. The commuters will have to carry their CNICs at all times during the travel.
Special Eid Trains
In order to better facilitate the people during Eid, Pakistan Railways has launched 5 special trains as well. These trains will follow the aforementioned schedule:
- 1st Train Karachi to Peshawar: The train will leave Karachi on 12th June at 11 am and reach Peshawar at 10.30 am on 13th.
- 2nd Train Quetta to Lahore: This train will leave Quetta at 11.30 am on June 12 and reach Lahore at 8 pm the next day.
- 3rd Train Karachi to Lahore: This will leave Karachi Cantt at 11.30 am on June 13 and reach Lahore at 10 am on June 14 through Faisalabad.
- 4th Train Rawalpindi to Multan: This train will start its journey on 14th June at 7 am traveling through Bhakkar. It will reach Multan on the same day at 10.30 pm.
- 5th Train Multan Cantt to Rawalpindi: This train will leave Multan Cantt at 7 am on June 19. It will reach Rawalpindi on the same day at 1.15 pm through Mianwali.
A 30% discount has also been announced for all other citizens traveling via Pakistan Railways. The offer will be effective on 1st and 2nd day of the Eid only.