Women Techmakers Scholars Program 2018 – Asia-Pacific is accepting applications from computer science related undergraduate and graduate female students currently enrolled at an accredited university.
Formerly known as Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program, the Women Techmakers Scholars Program aims to create gender equality in the field of computer science by offering scholarships to female students from all over the world to develop them as role models and leaders in the field.
The program offers the following:
- an academic scholarship worth 7000 Euro
- personal and professional development through workshops and training while connecting with mentors from Google
- to become a part of a global community of women scholars to work together for a continued impact in the field of computing and tech
How to Apply?
The deadline for the program is August 12, 2018, at 23:59 Singapore Time (SGT).
Follow these steps to apply for the program:
- Visit the ‘Create Application’ page
- Fill out the six-step application:
- My Information
- Personal Information
- Current Academic Information
- Intended Academic Information
- Application Documents
- Additional Information
For more information on the application requirements, follow this link.
The applicant must:
- be a female
- be currently enrolled at an accredited university for the academic year 2018-19
- be graduating in 2019 or beyond
- be studying computer engineering, computer science or any other closely related field
- have a strong academic record
- passionate about women involvement in the field of computer science
- demonstrate leadership skills
For further queries, you can ask directly at [email protected]
The following students received the scholarship in the recent years:
- 2014: Reema Bajwa & Qurat Ul Ann (LUMS)
- 2015: Syeda Noor Zehra Naqvi (NUST)
- 2016: Marium Rasheed (LUMS)
- 2017: Mahum Tariq (NUST), Rameesha Akhter (NUCES-FAST),
Note: For application documents, you have to answer three questions while sticking to the guidelines. You can read all the guidelines and short questions here.