The Higher Education Commission (HEC) has announced the Scholarships Batch-III programme that aims to offer scholarships to students from Balochistan & the Federally Administered Tribal Areas FATA (Phase-11) for undergraduate studies in all disciplines.
Candidates should submit their applications along with a Local Certificate/ Domicile of Balochistan or FATA, for participating in of scholarship programme for undergraduate studies in HEC-recognized public sector universities/ degree awarding institutions or W-category private universities of Pakistan.
- Applicants must possess a Local Certificate/ Domicile of Balochistan/ FATA.
- Candidates must have completed 12-year education with 60% marks in FA/ FSc/ ICom/ ICS/ DAE or equivalent.
- Maximum age limit is 22 years as on August 19, 2018.
- Candidates must have acquired the requisite academic qualifications on or before the closing date.
- Candidates who are already availing any other HEC/ Government scholarship are NOT eligible to apply.
The Scholarship programme covers:
- Average tuition fee and other charges including hostel fee up to Rs 60,000 per semester/year.
- Living allowance of Rs 6,000 per month with Rs, 500 annual increments.
- Book allowance of Rs 5,000 per annum.
- Travel allowance of Rs 5,000 per annum.
- Initial Settlement Allowance of Rs 10,000 (Once during the entire study period).
Important Details to Note
- Scholarships will be awarded on merit and District/Agency Quota Candidates will be short-listed on the basis of Aptitude Test (conducted by HEC) score and academic credentials scores.
- The scholarship distribution ratio for the students of Bal0chistan and FATA is 50:50.
- Already enrolled students are encouraged to apply.
- Placements on reserved seats will be distributed 50:50 both for Balochistan and FATA on open merit. Those who are already enrolled in medical colleges and engineering programmes will not be considered against the reserved seats.
- For further details, please visit this link.
How To Apply
Applicants are required to submit an application in hard form. The application form is available on HEC’s website.
To apply, candidates need to download the application form, fill them in and send it to Sr. Project Manager, Human Resource Development Division, Higher Education Commission, H-9, Islamabad.
Please note that incomplete application forms will not be entertained.
Documents Required With Application Form
- Print of online application form duly signed.
- Attested photocopy of CNIC or Form-B (those who are under 18 years of age) and domicile/local certificate (Mandatory).
- Attested photocopy of father’s/guardian, CNIC and Local Certificate/ Domicile (Mandatory).
- One passport size photograph.
- Original deposit slip/ Bank Draft/ Pay Order/ ATM Transfer Slip of Rs.200/- (Non-refundable)as application processing fee in favor of Director General Finance. HEC Fee can be deposited at Habib Bank Limited in Account number 17427900133401.
HEC says that it reserves the right to postpone or cancel the scholarship process at any stage without assigning any reason.
Deadline for Applications
Last Date For Receipt Of Applications: August of 19, 2018
The Application form should be completed in all respects. It should reach to HEC by August of 19, 2018 through registered mail or courier service at the addresses given below:
- HEC Regional Centre Quetta
- House No. 61-A, Chaman Housing Scheme, Airport Road, Quetta.
- Telephone +92-81-9201791
- HEC Regional Centre Peshawar
- Phase-V Hayatabad, Peshawar.
- Telephone +92-91-9217653
- Bahram Jan, Sr. Project manager Human Resource Development (HRD), Division.
- Telephone Number 051-111-119-432 Higher Education Commission. H-9, Islamabad
UNDERGRADUATE INDIGENOUS SCHOLARSHIPS FOR STUDENTS OF BALOCHISTAN AND FATA
Deadline: August 19, 2018
— HEC Pakistan (@hecpkofficial) July 29, 2018
For further assistance, you can visit the HEC secretariat in Islamabad, HEC Regional Centers in Quetta and Peshawar.