The Oppo Find X is a special phone. Ever since it was announced, we’ve been waiting anxiously to try out that sweet mechanized camera design. And now the wait is finally over and we can give you our first impressions!
Remove the phone from the box and the first thing that you notice about the phone is just how large it is. The screen on the Find X measures 6.42-inches and it’s a very tall display. OPPO calls it the Panoramic Arc Screen and it wraps around the edge of the phone giving the Find X a seamless finish. The phone is almost all screen and bezels are minimal.
The back of the Find X is also glass. The color we have with us today is Glacier Blue. The center part of the back is black whereas the borders and the sides of the phone are blue, giving the Find X a very unique look.
However, an even more unique and interesting feature of the Find X is its mechanized camera that’s retractable. The whole camera setup – for both front and the back – slides into the phone and pops out when you need to take a photo or want to use Face ID.
It’s quick, seamless and definitely a “this is cool” moment when you first see it.
Having a retractable top meant that OPPO was able to keep the screen size large, minimize the bezels and also not use a notch on the screen to house the sensors and camera. The durability of the top retractable piece is of some concern but we’ll address that in the full review.
As for the internals, the Find X uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset along with 8GB of RAM and 256GB internal storage. OPPO hopes that you find the 256GB of internal storage more than enough since there is no microSD card slot.
The phone officially costs Rs. 129,999 in Pakistan.
That’s it for the first impressions of the OPPO Find X. Keep watching this space so you don’t miss out on the full review of the Find X.
Oppo Find X Specifications
- Dimension: 156.7mm*74.2mm*9.4mm; 186g
- Screen: 6.42-inch 2340×1080, 401ppi, AMOLED, 60000:1, Panoramic Arc Screen
- Front Camera: 25MP, f/2.0; Sensor: Sony IMX 576
- Rear Dual Camera: 16MP+ 20MP,
- f/2.0+f/2.2; Sensor: Sony IMX 519+ IMX 376k
- Hardware: Snapdragon 845; 8+256GB
- Connection: WLAN 802.11a/b/g/n/ac; Bluetooth 5.0
- Colors: Bordeaux Red/Glacier Blue
- OS: ColorOS 5.1 (Android 8.1)
- Charge: VOOC
- Others: Google Assistant; Sensors: (magnetic sensor, light sensor, distance sensor, gyroscope, gravity; Type-C, OTG; Dual Nano-SIM cards (Smart Driving , Always On Smart Mic.)