Xiaomi’s sub-brand Huami has unveiled two all new smartwatches, namely the Amazfit Health Watch and the Amazfit Verge 2.
Amazfit Verge 2
The flagship smartwatch that Huami unveiled was the Amazfit Verge 2. It is the next generation model of the Verge smartwatch with refreshed looks and several new features.
It has a 1.39-inch AMOLED touch screen with Microcrystalline Zirconium Ceramic Frame with Gorilla Glass 3 on top for protection.
It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2500 with a clock frequency of 1.1GHz. The processor is paired with 512MB of RAM and 4GB of eMMC storage. It has a 420mAh battery which promises 28 hours of backup with always-on 4G and GPS. The watch also comes with a GPS module that can be used for ten different sports modes (running, walking, indoor running, indoor riding, elliptical, mountaineering, outdoor riding, football, skipping, trail running).
With 4G and other battery consuming features turned off, the Verge 2 should be able to last the same as its predecessor.
The Verge 2 also boasts Huami’s Huangshan No. 1 AI processor, which enables accurate heart rate monitoring 24 hours a day and allows for real-time screening of PPG & ECG arrhythmia with atrial fibrillation.
Huami is also in partnership with Tencent to bring Tencent music streaming, live translation and QQ chat features on the watch. These new features will be added to the watch via an OTA update.
The Amazfit Verge 2 standard edition is priced at $144, while the Avengers limited edition will go for $216, and the ECG version will cost $187. The watch will go on sale next month.
Amazfit Verge 2 specifications
- 1.39-inch (454 X 454) AMOLED 326PPI screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.1GHz Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2500
- 512MB LPDDR3 RAM, 4GB eMMC
- AMAZFIT OS with support for Android 4.4 or iOS10.0 and above
- Sports, Activity and Sleep tracking
- Low-power BioTracker PPG sensor, ECG monitor (ECG Edition only), Accelerometer, Geomagnetic sensor, Ambient light sensor
- Water and Dust resistant (IP68)
- 4G VoLTE (via eSIM), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS+GLONASS+BDS, NFC
- Speaker, microphone
- 420mAh lithium ion polymer battery with up to 28 hours of battery life on 4G
Amazfit Health Watch
The Amazfit Health Watch, as the name suggests, is a fully functional health-oriented smartwatch. It features a rather simple but elegant looking design similar to the BIP with some handy features alongside.
It has a four-sided wrap-around design and features a PVD crafted metal bezel which is completely water resistant (3 ATM), so there’s absolutely no issues with taking the gadget out on a rainy day.
It is equipped with NB-IoT independent communication, which can report emergency health events in real time without the need for a Bluetooth connection. It can transmit important data such as low heart rate, atrial fibrillation and fall detection. It also offers cloud health services for its users. You can directly log all your health data and get online consultation on your health. There’s even a feature that sends an emergency SMS in case your heart rate acts up.
The watch is powered by the Huangshan No. 1 (MHS001) processor which is integrated with AI neural network. It features four core artificial intelligence engines — cardiac biometrics engine, ECG, ECG Pro, and Hearth Rhythm Abnormality Monitoring Engine.
The device will go on sale later this month for roughly around $100
Amazfit Health Watch specifications
- 1.28-inch (176 x 176 pixels) color display with tempered glass protection
- Huangshan No. 1 processor
- BioTracker PPG heart rate sensor, 6- axis low-power IMU, ECG sensor
- Bluetooth 5.0 LE, NB-loT
- Water resistant (3 ATM or 30 meters)
- Dimensions: 42 x 35 x 12.5mm; Weight: 25 grams (without strap)
- 200mAh battery with up to 7 days of battery life