Higher Education Commission (HEC) is not happy with the progress made by the Higher Educational Institutes (HEIs) regarding the implementation of policy guidelines for sexual harassment.
HEC’s office of the Executive Director has issued a circular to all public and private sector universities, directing them to improve the enforcement of HEC’s guidelines to change the public’s perspective regarding effective management and control systems for sexual harassment cases.
Executive Director HEC, Dr. Fateh M. Marri has urged the institutional heads to take a personally ensure their implementation. He has also asked them to share the progress made on implementation, their personal satisfaction regarding the steps taken and the following statistics:
- Date of adoption of HEC policy guidelines and laws.
- Date of uploading the same on the university website and circulating it on the campuses.
- Date of establishment of harassment complaint cell, recruitment of harassment monitoring officer, and creation of hearing and appellate panels.
- The number of harassment cases reported and resolved thereof (year-wise).
- Suggestions to improve the policy’s effectiveness
Here’s the document:
The circular has directed the chancellors, rectors and university heads to submit their responses by 25th October.
What are your thoughts on the story? Let us know in the comment section.