Careem and National Highway and Motorway Police (NH&MP) have partnered to conduct road safety training for Careem Captains across Pakistan. Senior officials from the road safety authority, in collaboration with Careem Operations team, conducted a series of training in respective cities where Careem operates.
The defensive drivers’ training focused on spreading awareness about safe driving to avoid accidents. This training was specially designed for Captains to ensure secure ride-hailing practices in Pakistan. Furthermore, it also emphasized on saving costs related to vehicle maintenance and fuel consumption by driving smoothly and steadily.
As part of its commitment to further strengthen trust and safety at Careem, the ride-hailing company also partnered with NADRA’s e-Sahulat program to make Captain verifications seamless, faster, and much more efficient.
In addition to these partnerships, Careem is dedicated to further improve safety standards offered on its app before and after Captains are on-boarded:
Before Your Ride
- All Captains go through a rigorous screening process and background check.
- Before a Captain arrives, his details are sent to customers, which includes Captain’s photo, name, rating, vehicle type, and plate number.
- Customers are reminded by a message to check this information before getting in the ride
- Captains attend mandatory training sessions with instructions and guidance on smooth driving as well as following standard safety and security protocols in the unlikely event of an incident.
- Customers have the option to mask their telephone numbers from Captains to ensure their privacy. They can communicate anonymously with the Captain to direct them to the pick-up location.
During Your Ride
- Each trip is tracked in realtime. Details of the ride can be shared with friends and family to let them know you are on the way, and they can track the ride on the app.
- Geo-fencing of Careem app to avoid dangerous neighborhoods.
- Customers and Captains are covered by our life/injury insurance when in-ride.
After Your Ride & Other Measures
- Customers can rate Captains for reward or removal from the Careem platform.
- There is a ‘mystery shopper’ program that checks vehicles, driving skills, customer service, and documentation to make sure everything is as it should be.
- There is a specialist Safety and Security team of professionals dedicated to making sure customers and Captains have a safe and pleasant experience.
- In order to help keep our communities safe, we actively support law enforcement agencies with basic trip information when formally requested as per legal requirements.