Govt to Provide Interest-free Loans to Open 2000 Youth Stores in Pakistan

Prime Minister Imran Khan is going the extra mile to provide relief to the inflation-ridden masses. In a recent cabinet meeting, he has approved the opening of 2000 Youth Stores across the country.

Under the Kamyab Jawan Program, the government will give interest-free loans of up to Rs. 1 million to open Youth Stores. These stores will operate under the Utility Stores Corporation and will be opened in all major cities to provide edible items at subsidized rates.

These stores will get 60 percent of the stock supply from the nearby utility stores, whereas the remaining 40 percent from the wholesale market.

The government expects to directly employ 40,000 people with this program, projecting that nearly 80,000 people will be indirect beneficiaries.

Moreover, the government is also planning to issue Ration Cards ahead of the holy month of Ramadan to help poor and deserving families to buy monthly ration at 25 to 30 percent discounted rates.

Note that the government has recently approved a Rs. 10 billion relief package for the utility stores to ensure the provision of basic household commodities at government-regulated rates.

Under the Awami Relief Package, people can buy a 20kg  bag of flour at Rs. 800, sugar at Rs. 68 per kg and ghee at Rs. 170 from nearby utility stores.

Moreover, the prices on other edible items like rice, and grains have also been reduced by 15 to 20 percent.


The PSL 2020 is almost here! Want to know everything about it? Visit the pages below (Live stream will be available when the matches begin).
PSL Live Streaming PSL Points Table | 2020 PSL Teams PSL 2020 Schedule PSL 2020 Highlights PSL 2020 Statistics


>