As the pandemic situation in China improves, Chinese OEMs are trying to get on track with their launch plans. Consequently, we will see several smartphones being released in the foreseeable future.
Design and Display
Akin to Vivo mid-range smartphones, the Y50 also comes with a “glasstic” back with a subtle paint job. The quad-sensor rear camera system sits on a rectangular housing on the top left next to the fingerprint sensor. It is available in black and blue colors.
The smartphone is built around a 6.53-inch LCD with 1080p resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, and 403 PPI pixel density. According to Vivo, the smartphone features the “Ultra-O display”, which is a fancy way of saying that it comes with a single punch-hole for the selfie camera.
Internals and Storage
Vivo Y50 comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 chipset at the helm. The SoC is topped with 8 GB RAM and 128 GB storage. In case that is not enough, the smartphone features a dedicated memory card slot as well.
The smartphone boasts a quad-sensor rear camera with 13 MP main sensor, 8 MP ultra-wide sensor, a dedicated 2 MP Macro-lens, and a 2 MP depth sensor. For selfies, it is equipped with an 8 MP snapper.
Battery and Pricing
Vivo Y50 packs a massive 5000 mAh battery backed by 18W fast charging.
It is currently available for pre-order and will go on sale by 11th April 2020 at a $250 price tag.
Vivo Y50 Specifications
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM6125 Snapdragon 665 (11 nm)
- OS: Android 10.0; Funtouch 10.0
- Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE;
- IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 6.53 inches, 1080 x 2400 pixels resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio
- RAM: 8 GB
- Internal: 128 GB
- Primary: 13 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP
- Secondary: 8 MP
- Connectivity: LTE, USB Type-C, GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, 3.5mm jack
- Fingerprint scanner: Yes (rear-mounted)
- Battery: 5000 mAh
- Price: $250