Situation Report: Pakistan Reports 1,430 New Cases, 33 Deaths in 24 Hours

Pakistan saw 1,430 new coronavirus cases yesterday, slightly down from 1,452 additions it saw a day ago. Sindh recorded 758 new cases while Punjab reported 353 new coronavirus cases in 24 hours.

Punjab is likely to see a spike in cases tomorrow, as it has been happening that after two days of usual surge there’s one sudden spike in Punjab cases — most probably due to clearance of back-log of tests. We will have to see tomorrow how many new cases are reported from Punjab.

AJK saw its biggest jump in daily new cases as it reported 14 new cases for a tally of 91 cases in the entire region. AJK had been pretty steady in new addition since the emergence of pandemic in Pakistan during end of February.

Total deaths stood at 803 as 33 patients died of coronavirus complications in last 24 hours. Pakistan’s death rate stands at 2.15% of total detected patients.

New hospitalizations reached 8,304 — up from 8,006 a day ago. Less than 1.2% of total infected patients or a total of 183 patients are said to be in critical condition while another 130 are on ventilator. Remaining 98.8 percent coronavirus patients are said to be in stable condition.

A total of 10,155 coronavirus patients recovered from the virus and were discharged from hospitals.

Confirmed Cases In 24 Hours Tests in 24 Hours Deaths Last 24 Hours
AJK 105 14 166 01 00
Balochistan 2,310 71 559 30 03
GB 501 19 143 04 00
Islamabad 866 44 1,122 07 01
KP 5,423 171 1,553 284 09
Punjab 13,914 353 5,670 234 11
Sindh 14,099 758 4,487 243 09
Total 37,218 1,430 13,051 802 33

 



>