Samsung has committed to providing up-to-date security for up to 4 years in older as well as newer Galaxy devices. The company will be offering security updates to phones released in 2019 and also for its most recent phones and tablets.
All Samsung Galaxy devices that fall under the Z, S, Note, A, M, XCover, and Tab series released in 2019 will be receiving security updates for up to 4 years. This list currently includes more than 130 devices.
Bear in mind that these are security updates and not major OS updates. Samsung has also promised 3 years’ worth of OS updates for its Galaxy flagships, but that’s a separate thing altogether. Security updates are sometimes released monthly or quarterly and can also take longer to reach devices sometimes. Just like OS updates, the availability of security updates also varies depending on carriers and regions.
Here is a complete list of devices that will be eligible for 3 years if not 4 years’ worth of security updates. Interestingly, some devices that were released in 2019 are not included in the list such as the Galaxy A02, M02, M02s, etc.
- Galaxy Foldable devices: Fold, Fold 5G, Z Fold 2, Z Fold 2 5G, Z Flip, Z Flip 5G
- Galaxy S series: S10, S10+, S10e, S10 5G, S10 Lite, S20, S20 5G, S20+, S20+ 5G, S20 Ultra, S20 Ultra 5G, S20 FE, S20 FE 5G, S21 5G, S21+ 5G, S21 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy Note series: Note 10, Note 10 5G, Note10+, Note 10+ 5G, Note 10 Lite, Note 20, Note 20 5G, Note 20 Ultra, Note 20 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy A series: Galaxy A series: A10, A10e, A10s, A20, A20s, A30, A30s, A40, A50, A50s, A60, A70, A70s, A80, A90 5G, A11, A21, A21s, A31, A41, A51, A51 5G, A71, A71 5G, A02s, A12, A32 5G, A42 5G
- Galaxy M series: M10s, M20, M30, M30s, M40, M11, M12, M21, M31, M31s, M51
- Galaxy XCover series: XCover 4s, XCover Field Pro, XCover Pro
- Galaxy Tab series: Tab Active Pro, Tab Active 3, Tab A8 (2019), Tab A with S Pen, Tab A 8.4 (2020), Tab A7, Tab S5e, Tab S6, Tab S6 5G, Tab S6 Lite, Tab S7, Tab S7+