Google has invited applications for its Generation Google Scholarships for Women in Computer Science program from female students in the Asia Pacific region.
The US-based multinational technology company launched this program with the aim to help female students studying in degrees related to computer science to excel in technology and become leaders in this field in the future.
Female students in the Asia Pacific region, including Pakistan, who meet the minimum qualification are eligible to apply for the program. Successful applicants will receive $1,000 for the academic year 2022-2023.
Here is all you need to know about the Generation Google Scholarships for Women in Computer Science program.
In order to apply for the program, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s degree for the 2021-2022 academic year
- Be in their 2nd year of study at an accredited university in Asia Pacific country when completing the scholarship program
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
- Possess a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for improving representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology
How to Apply?
Applicants must submit applications for the scholarships online through Generation Google Scholarships Portal. Applications sent through any other mode will be rejected straight away.
They will be required to provide general background information after signing up to set up their profile on the application portal. It includes contact information and details about their current degrees and future academic aspirations.
After setting up their profile, applicants will be required to upload the following documents:
- Resume/CV highlighting technical projects and participation in community engagement
- Academic transcripts from their current institutions (prior as well, if applicable)
- Responses to two short answer essay questions
Applicants need to provide responses in English and each response must consist of 400 words or less.
The two short answer essay questions are:
- What is a significant challenge that you believe women in the tech industry face and how do you see yourself being part of the solution(s) to this challenge? Keep in mind that impact can happen in many ways and at different scales.
- What impact would receiving this scholarship have on your education? Describe any circumstances affecting your need for a scholarship and what educational goals this scholarship will enable you to accomplish.
Note that only PDF copies of these documents will be acceptable.
Besides, applicants will be required to perform a:
- 15 minute “meet and greet” per shortlist participant
- Google Online Challenge
Google will send the invitation to the challenge in 5-7 working days after the deadline of the Generation Google Scholarships for Women in Computer Science program.
The scholarships will be awarded on the strength of each candidate’s commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, innovation, and academic performance.
Applications for Generation Google Scholarships for Women in Computer Science program 2022-23 are now open. The deadline to submit applications is 11:29 PM PST on Friday, 10 December 2021.
Read more about the Generation Google Scholarships for Women in Computer Science program here.