MoITT Seeking Feedback from Private Sector for Revamping IT Policy
Few days back, Mr. Adnan Saeed, Project Manager, MoITT sent an email to a public forum, in which he put forward a message that read like below
Government of Pakistan has initiated a broad based consultative process to formulate National IT Policy for the next five years. In order to make a realistic and practical policy the Government intends to involve all the stakeholders in this consultative process.
Kindly send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 31st of July 2008. You can post your comments as well on virtual group at http://www.nidu.gov.pk/forum
Project Manager (NIDU), MoITT
Syed Muhammad AnwerProject Director
National IT Development & Promotion Unit(NIDU)
Director Legal, MoITT
Ph: 051-9218967, Fax: 051-9201012
So now you are not in any position to complain that the Ministry of IT and Telecom hasn’t asked the opinion of private sector while revamping IT policy. They did their job; now Gurus are requested to come forward with your feedback and let’s dictate the fate of Pakistan’s IT industry for at-least coming five years.
To read out current IT policy, please point your browsers to this document (National-IT-Policy-2000) Right Click and Select “Save Target As” – File Size: 1.05 MB
Call Centers, IT industry, investments, taxes on businesses, role of PTCL and broadband in the country are few of many elements which should be addresses in new IT Policy
Read it out, and have your say. I will also come up with another post in few days with suggestions from the people I know.
- Draft for Electronic Crimes Bill to be Finalized in Two Weeks
- wi-tribe Offers Summer Hungama
- Mobilink's Mobile Banking Service Contract with Pakistan Post Raises Question
- Here are Reasons if Your Comments Don’t Get Published on ProPakistani
- How to Register Complaint with FIA (Cyber Crime Wing)
- Pakistan is Finally Preparing to Formulate Cyber Laws in the Country
- SHC Gives 10 Days to PTA for Filing Comments On Explicit Websites