PTA Asks PTCL to Advertise De-activation Process of Voice Mail
Pakistan Telecommunication Authority has asked PTCL to advertise procedure of de-activation of Voice Mail service in monthly telephone bills.
A source from authority has confirmed us that PTA has asked the landline giant to educate their customers about how to de-activate the voice mail service, which was self-activated on every phone. Source further told us that PTA took this action after receiving huge amount of complaints from PTCL’s subscribers – also the issue was raised in the National assembly standing committee on information technology in the first week of December, 2008.
PTA has also directed PTCL not to pre-activate Voice Mail service in those areas where service is being launched.
Following are some useful commands for your PTCL number
1)call Forwading Unconditional/Immediate
To de activate
3) For No Reply
NOTE: Telephone numbers must be given with city code such as (051-2233444)
Normally, when voice mail is activated, your PTCL number is forwarded on 1276. So make sure that you de-activate all forwarded calls. For the purpose dial following commands from your phone.
Once these three commands are dialed, voice mail will be de-activated. In case of further assistance, dial PTCL’s helpline
- Customers Not Happy with Auto Activation of PTCL Voice Mail
- PTCL’s Free Voice Mail Service is Now Remotely Accessible
- Voice SMS from PTCL to Cellular numbers with Kehdou Voice SMS
- PTCL Revises Phone N Net Unlimited Internet – Now for Just Rs. 199 per Month
- Ufone Introduces Miss Call Notification for Prepaid Customers too!
- Unlimited Dialup Internet for Rs. 299 per month by PTCL
- Warid Announces Double Number SIM