PTA’s new Decision to Promote Mobile Banking
Pakistan Telecommunication Authority has decided to make a group of representatives from mobile operator companies as well as from banking sector to promote mobile banking. This decision was taken in a meeting held in PTA Headquarters in which senior executives of mobile operators, banks and PTA were present.
In this meeting, MCB made presentation on mobile banking in Pakistan. Different mobile banking models were discussed during the meeting. “Mobile banking was a value addition and had utmost consumer convenience wherein users could avail banking facilities through mobile communication. He said that already two conferences on mobile banking had been held and another would be held in Karachi in March 2009”, said Dr Mohammed Yaseen-Chairman PTA.
- PTA Completes Targets for 1st Quarter
- Cellular Tariff in Pakistan is Lowest in the world: PTA Chief
- PTA Chief Gets ICT Excellence Award
- PTA's Forum on Telecom Consumer Rights
- Effective Steps Needed to Promote M-Commerce: Chairman PTA
- PTA Signs MoU with SBP For Promoting Mobile Banking in Pakistan
- Pakistan to Get Third Party Mobile Banking Regulations this Year