Warid and Seven Other Singtel Networks Working on One-Rate Roaming
Sintel is planning to introduce single-rate mobile roaming in at least 8 regions where it has full or partial investments, reported ITP, a technology website from Middle East.
Initial reports suggest that Warid Telecom of Pakistan, India’s Bharti Aitel, and Globe Telecom in the Philippines will be part of this singe-rate roaming plan.
Quoting Muneer Farooqui, CEO, Warid Telecom, ITP said that this single-rate roaming will surface by early 2011.
We call it ‘one network, one roaming charge’. We are working on it by the end of the year, at least amongst the eight operations of Singtel. Hopefully it will be in the market by the turn of the year.
It would be a great advantage for these operations, making it a global operation across borders, said Mr. Muneer Farooqui, CEO, Warid Telecom
- Warid Clarifies Regarding its CEO
- Official: Warid Gets a CEO
- Warid to Get a CEO
- Warid Outsources its Karachi Call Center
- Warid Celebrating its Fourth Anniversary Today
- Warid Telecom Celebrates its 6th Anniversary
- Warid Congratulates PTA and Telecom Industry on Achieving 100m Subscriber Mark