Mobile Service Restored in Dera Ismail Khan
Mobile phone services in Dera Ismail Khan are reportedly restored, after a notification has been sent to all cellular service providers to restore services in the region after at least 18 months, reported BBC Urdu.
BBC says that services are to be restored by Friday morning after political and business personalities from Dera Ismail Khan recently met the high-ups at GHQ and told them about their difficulties due to this security-aimed cellular ban.
BBC further reports that cellular and landline services in other KKP districts, including Bannu, Tank, Lucky Marwat are going to remain down as this restoration is for Dera Ismail Khan only.
Cellular services in DI Khan and other districts of KKP was discontinued when Army had initiated its operation in Southern Wazirastan.
We have reached out to cellular companies and PTA to get the report confirmed. We will update this post when and if we get any words from there.
- War on Terrorism: PTA suffers Rs 329.88 million loss in NWFP and Fata
- Mobile Service to Remain Suspended for Two Days for Over 70% Pakistanis [Updated with List]
- Breaking: Mobile Services to Remain Blocked in 15 Cities Today
- Mobile Phone Services to Remain Blocked During Qadri’s Long March
- Mobilink is Getting Back Online, Partially at least! [Updated]
- Mobile Phone Services Suspended For Over 24 Hours in Islamabad / Rawalpindi
- USF BoD Approved Universal Telecenters for Unserved Areas