Defence.pk Gets Hacked, 38K Members Data at Risk
Defence.PK, one of the largest and most active Pakistani forum on internet, reportedly got hacked earlier today by an independent Indian hacker.
Hacker claims that he has got access to main database of defence.pk and a 2 GB file has been dumped and saved with him. He aims to release the whole dump, that contains user information of some 38,000 members, sometime later.
Named as pr0tect0r or also known as mrNRG is an independent hacker. He revealed on a hacker forum that he hacked the forum not as part of any group or in response to anything. His main motive behind hacking the forum was a vulnerability he found in the website.
mysql database of 2gb dumped :O
I’ll leak the details 38k users over my twitter page :P No Cyber War here!! Just another vulnerable site which needs to be notified
We reached out to defence.pk to find out their version of story, however, we are yet to get any response from them.
Here is the Zone-H mirror of defaced page: http://www.zone-h.org/mirror/id/14686416
- PML(Q) Website Gets Hacked
- News One TV Gets Hacked, in Protest Against Muslim Killings
- 8XM Website Gets Hacked
- OP# Stop Load-shedding: WAPDA Website Hacked
- University of Central Punjab’s Website Got Hacked by Indian Hacker
- IndianDefence Hacked by PCA to Avenge Defence.PK Defacement
- Ministry of Defence Website Gets Hacked