PTA Wants You to Report SPAM sms and Calls
Through a public notice in newspapers, Pakistan Telecommunication Authority has warned marketers to not to send unconsented, unwanted, fraudulent, misleading, SPAM and/or illegal text messages or calls to mobile phone consumers.
In the same notice, PTA has asked consumers to report any such SPAM message/call to PTA.
How to Report SPAM/Unwanted SMS/Calls?
If you get any SPAM message or call that you never subscribed, or any call/SMS that you don’t want to get again – then SMS following details to 9000
- Sender’s cell number
- Your cell number
- Any details that you may want to add
Send this information to 9000 – and leave the rest for PTA.
Note: Charges for sending an SMS to 9000 are 10 paisas (including tax).
You can read the complete notice below:
- What is Fake SMS Sender and How to Trace it?
- Pakistan Climbs Up Ranks for Sending SPAM
- Pain of Tele-Marketing Calls
- Alert: Telenor to Charge Rs. 2 for Helpline Calls, Even More in fact!
- PTA Urges for SPAM Free Cellular Environment in Pakistan
- Block Unwanted Spam Calls Forever
- Warid Launches Call and SMS Block Service