Breaking: PTA Decides to Ban Explicit Websites -
We have learned through reliable sources that PTA has decided to ban explicit websites. This information that we have got is of preliminary nature, however officials at PTA confirmed us of decision taken by the authority.
We are yet to ascertain the mechanism and procedures that PTA will adopt for the ban, but it is anticipated that PTA will maintain a list of blacklisted websites based on user input.
This decision is apparently due to increased social and moral pressure that PTA has gone through in the recent months. This is a vital decision taken by the authority that will be welcomed by the parents. Reaction from youth can be different.
This is a developing story, and we will update it as we get more information.
We are told by PTA officials that a list of 150,000 websites has been sent to ISPs, Mobile Phone service providers, and international bandwidth providers to get them blocked. The process will take 8 to 10 working days and then these 150,000 will be blocked in Pakistan. PTA is planning to keep updating the list, through user input and self determination.
- Pakistan Blocks Thousands of Adult Websites
- PTA Blocks Ahmaddiya Controlled Religious Website
- School Student Sends PTA a List of 780,000 Adult Websites to Get Them Blocked
- Blogspot, once again, Blocked in Pakistan
- List of Blocked Websites in Pakistan [Blashphemy Crackdown]
- Pakistan Blocked 13,000 Adult Websites: Official
- PTA Penalizes Ufone of Rs. 150 Million for Not Following 789 Procedures