Franchisees Allege Cellular Companies for Pushing them for Fake Sales
Issue of fake sales or fake registrations of cellular SIMs has made headlines recently, especially when a person was able to get a SIM registered in the name Rahman Malik, minister interior.
Media reports suggest that over two dozen men were arrested, those from NADRA, franchise staff, CPLC staff, and from other departments who were involved in leaking out the information of Minister upon which the SIM was issued.
But a million dollar question is, it was Rahman Malik who had all the resources (or call it Danda) to grab the culprits, but what if such thing happen with a common man like me or you? Will you be given the justice?
In a related news, franchisees of various cellular companies have written an open letter to authorities concerned, confessing that they are involved in fake registrations but they put responsibility on cellular companies’ shoulders by alleging them for pushing franchisees to make fake sales in order to meet their targets.
Franchisees note that if they don’t follow such instructions then their commission is omitted, and hence they don’t have a way but to do fake registrations.
We are presenting you the scanned copy of original letter, but before I would like to put couple of questions here:
- Why issues of great importance surface only when victim is a high profile dignitary?
- If the allegations are true then for sure this was happening for long (for years I would say) then why franchisees remained quite and are now seeking justifications when Rahman Malik became a victim?
- If allegations are true then why PTA was unable to detect it earlier? If they had prior knowledge of this then why they didn’t take any action?
- If these allegations are true then how many SIMs (out of 111 million) are fake?
Here you go now with the letter itself:
- Rahman Malik Stands Down, Calls to Block Unidentified SIMs Only
- Block (Prepaid) SIMs, Wrap Up Businesses and Go Back Home [Part 2]
- PTA Withdraws its Earlier Directive Regarding SIM Sales, MNP Ban
- Government Goes Brainsick, Asks Cellular Operators to Shut Down All Sales Channels
- Subscribe Shahbaz Sharif, Unsubscribe PTI: Letter Was Faked to Defame CM: Punjab Government
- Open Letter From Mobilink Franchisees to VP Sales
- Exclusive: Mobile Companies Start Selling SIMs at Directly Contracted Retail Outlets