Pakistan Post to Issue Memorial Ticket for Arfa Karim
Pakistan Post has planned to issue a special ticket stamp to commemorate Arfa Karim, once the youngest Microsoft Certified Professional, who passed away fighting a serious medical situation at 16 in Lahore this month.
Ticket stamp will be unveiled in Islamabad on February 2nd, 2012 in a ceremony on the occasion of birthday of Arfa Karim.
Along with officials from Pakistan Post, government, MNCs, it is likely that ceremony will be joined by Arfa Karim’s parents and two young brothers who will unveil the stamp issued on Arfa Karim by Pakistan Post.
Arfa Karim, the teenage genius suffered an attack on that which had given her recognition and made her a source of inspiration for young and old across the country – her brain.
Arfa had an epileptic attack on December 22 and had been in a coma till the day she died on January 13th, 2012, while well-wishers prayed and watched her progress closely. She was suffering from idiopathic epilepsy seizures which led to brain damage.
Arfa had received presidential award along with various other recognitions. She also remained brand ambassador for PTCL.
- Bill Gates Wants Arfa Karim to be Treated in US
- Tribute to Arfa Karim
- CM Opens Punjab Technology University
- Jazz Brings Bonus on International Top-Ups
- Broadband Subscribers in Pakistan Reach 1.79 Million
- Umema Adil, Another Youngest MCP from Pakistan
- Riphah University Introduces Webpreneurship as a Regular Course