Vote Verification via SMS
As announced earlier, eligible voters can now verify the status of their votes in the new computerized voter lists prepared by Election Commission of Pakistan by just sending an SMS via their mobile phones.
Service has been up an running for all operators, throughout the country.
Election Commission said that this SMS verification service, in collaboration with cellular operators, happens to be world’s largest verification service of any kind.
ECP said that 85 million registered voters can check their records through a single SMS.
How to Check your Vote Status?
- Simply send your CNIC (without dashes) to 8300
- Example: Send “3740541882200” to 8300
You will soon receive a reply with following information:
- Your CNIC Number
- Electoral Area, i.e. District, Tehsil and city/town/village
- Block Code
- Serial Number
Note: Reply message is likely to have words in Urdu (unicode). You may not be able to read the text message if your phone doesn’t support unicode.
Election Commission said that it has purposefully not included the voters’ name and home address to avoid any privacy violations.
- SMS sent to 8300 will be charged @ Rs. 2 plus tax
What if you are not registered or registered with incorrect details?
Election Commission of Pakistan has said that that voters, in case of any issue, should immediately contact district election commissioner to get the details corrected. For the purpose, Election Commission is also arranging the establishment of display centers where voters can go an check their details and to get the information corrected.
- Vote Verification Service will Have Polling Station Info in SMS as well
- Vote Checking Through SMS from March 1st
- Vote Verification via SMS Served 4.5 Million Requests in 2 Weeks
- ECP, PTA Working on Vote Verification Through SMS
- NADRA Develops SMS Service for Voters’ Verification
- Check and Find Out Your Polling Station Details Through 8300
- Don't Rely on 668, Visit Service Centers to Know Exact Number of SIMs Registered Against your CNIC