Breaking: wi-tribe Gets Wasim Ahmad as New CEO
Mr. Ahmad will take over from the outgoing CEO, Mustafa Peracha who has led wi-tribe from a startup operation to a number two broadband service provider in Pakistan and the largest WiMax operator, as claimed by the company.
Prior to joining wi-tribe, Mr. Ahmad was most recently at Telecel Globe, an Orascom Telecom company, as Group Chief Commercial Officer.
Wasim Ahmad brings with him a diversified experience of over 20 years in Telecom and Consumer Goods industries with leading organizations like Millicom, Nestle and Proctor & Gamble.
Mr. Mustafa Peracha, CEO wi-tribe Pakistan, will assume new responsibilities within the Qtel Group in the broadband area. He will be based in Doha at the Qtel Group headquarters.
In a related news, Zohare Haider, PR head for wi-tribe also left for Qtel. Zohare’s replacement is yet to be announced. In yet another news, wi-tribe recently signed Xenith as its PR agency.
- Mustafa Peracha in Talks to join wi-tribe
- Official: Mustafa Peracha Appointed as wi-tribe’s CEO
- wi-tribe Employees to Get Linked with Sister Companies Globally
- Orascom Sells its Tunisian Stakes to Qtel
- wi-tribe Ranked Pakistan’s No. 1 Broadband Company
- Wi-tribe Subscribers’ Base Grows by 120% in 2011
- Wi-Tribe Names Sami Hinedi as its New CEO