PTCL Announces VSS Scheme to Offload Employees
PTCL has announced the offering of Voluntary Separation Scheme (VSS) for its employees who wish to quit jobs against hefty incentives.
Sources inside the company said that this upcoming VSS offer is aimed at downsizing of workforce with mutual benefits for both the employees and the company itself.
A notice issued by HR department of PTCL (pasted below – in Urdu) says that employees will have no pressure from the management to quit jobs by claiming VSS. It said the decision for claiming VSS will be purely from employees on their consent.
Notice said that those who wish not to claim VSS offering can continue working for PTCL with all their rights.
It maybe recalled that PTCL had offered VSS back in 2008, through which some 30,000 employees were offloaded who had claimed VSS then.
Incentives offered through VSS campaigns are still unclear. At the same time PTCL employees are waiting for court ruling concerning their pay scale, which could play a vital role in determining the final VSS incentives for employees.
We are in process of getting more details on this, meanwhile, have a look at PTCL’s VSS offer notice below:
Letter via PTCL Workers
- PHC Reinstates 95 PTCL Employees
- PTCL Re-Launches VSS Scheme to Slash 50% Employees
- IHC Dismisses Petition Against PTCL VSS Scheme
- PTCL Announces 8-15% Increase in Pensions
- SC Orders PTCL to Restore Pension, Medical Allowances in a Week
- PTCL Employees Protest for Low Wages and Incentives
- PTCL Strike Still Hot and Active, Management Empties its Silo; Serves Public Termination Notice!