Samsung Unveils the Mighty Galaxy Note II
A lot of time has passed since Samsung launched the original ‘Phablet’, the Note, so 10 months and 10 million units later, we’ve finally got Samsung’s next super phone or phablet, the Note II.
The Note II’s design is similar to that of the Galaxy S III. But when it comes to power, it had got quite more muscle under its hood. With enormous screen of 5.5 inches Super Amoled display, this smartphone from Samsung will probably be the best pick for those who would want to have one device for their phone and tablets.
Here are the specs:
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (finally a device that is launched first up with Android 4.1)
- 5.5 inch Super Amoled display with a resolution of 720 x 1280 and 16 million colors
- Multi-touch, capacitive touchscreen with Corning Gorilla Glass 2
- Thickness: 9.4 mm
- Weight: 180 grams
- 1.6 Ghz quad-core Cortex A9 processor with Exynos 4 Quad chipset
- 2 GB of RAM with 16, 32 or 64GB expandable storage
- 8 megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash and 1080p Full HD video recording
- 1.9 megapixel front-facing camera
- A thicker and longer S Pen
- A new feature called ‘Air View’ (explained below)
- Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Compass sensors
- Bluetooth 4.0, microUSB v2.0, USB-on-the-go, Wifi-hotspot, NFC
- 3100 mAh battery
Air View is a feature which lets you preview images, videos, emails etc. when you hover your S Pen over them.
Samsung Galaxy Note II will be released in parts of the world in October and worldwide after that. No info is out regarding the pricing but don’t expect it to come cheap. The Galaxy Note II might be the Phablet of the year.
- Telenor Launches Galaxy Note II in Pakistan
- Samsung Galaxy S3 to Hit Stores Next Week at PKR 62,000
- Samsung Unveils Galaxy Premier
- Samsung Galaxy Express, Another Mid range Android Handset, Announced
- Samsung Unveils 4 Inch Galaxy S III Mini
- Samsung Unveils Galaxy Win and Trend II Droids
- Samsung Galaxy S III Revealed