Samsung Announces Special Galaxy Tab 3 for Kids
Samsung yesterday announced the Samsung GALAXY Tab 3 Kids, a tablet built specifically for kids with the educational tools and safety features parents want.
“It’s no secret that kids are using technology more than ever before,” said JK Shin, CEO and Head of IT & Mobile Communication at Samsung Electronics. “We saw an opportunity to create a device just for kids that provides them with an intuitive, fun and kid-friendly user experience filled with rich, interactive and educational content that parents will love.”
Samsung GALAXY Tab 3 Kids comes pre-loaded with top ranked kid’s apps and brand new Kid’s Store aimed at driving the educational possibilities of technology for kids. Pre-loaded content includes educational, games, entertainment and e-book apps. The tablet also offers parents the ability to select the apps they want their kids to have access to using the Application Manager.
Developed with kids’ best interests at the forefront, Samsung GALAXY Tab 3 Kids also includes a Time Management feature that allows parents to set specific time periods for use. When the designated use time is up, a password protected lock screen appears, requiring a parent or adult to enter the password to unlock the device. This tool will help parents ensure the time their children spend on smart devices is balanced.
With 1.2GHz dual processor, 1GB RAM, 3 megapixel front-facing camera and 1.3 megapixel rear-facing camera, Samsung GALAXY Tab 3 Kids has the power and performance you would expect from a Samsung GALAXY tablet, designed to provide kids with an exciting, interactive experience.
A Kids Case featuring a kids-friendly grip and multiple stand options will also be available for the Samsung GALAXY Tab 3 Kids. The case also comes equipped with an easy-to-grip C Pen, providing fun drawing capabilities without the possibility of leaving marks on other objects.
Here are the complete specs:
- Network: WiFi
- Processor: 1.2GHz Dual Core processor
- Display: 7.0 inch WSVGA (1024×600, 170ppi) TFT
- OS: Android 4.1
- Main(Rear): 3-megapixel camera
- Sub (Front): 1.3 -megapixel camera
- Codec: MPEG4, H.264, H.263, WMV
- Playback: 1080p Full HD @30fps
- Codec: MP3, OGG, AC3, AAC, AAC＋, eAAC＋, WMA, WAV, FLAC
- Services & Additional Features
- Samsung Apps / Kid’s Store
- Google Mobile Services: Google Search, Gmail, Google Play Store, Google Plus, YouTube, Google Talk, Google Maps (Turn-by-turn Navigation), Google Now
- WiFi a/b/g/n (2.4/5GHz), WiFi Channel Bonding, WiFi Direct
- Bluetooth® 3.0
- USB 2.0
- 8GB Internal Memory ＋ 1GB (RAM)
- microSD slot (up to 32GB)
- Dimensions: 111.1 x 188 x 9.9 mm
- Weight: 302g
- Battery: Standard battery, Li-ion 4,000mAh
The Samsung GALAXY Tab 3 Kids will be available in Korea in early September and subsequently available across China, Europe, U.S., Africa, South America and South East Asia in September. Pricing details are unknown yet.
The availability of applications through Kids Samsung Apps will vary by market.
- Samsung Announces the New Galaxy Tab 3.0
- Samsung Unveils Galaxy Win and Trend II Droids
- Google to Launch Galaxy S 4 with Stock Android
- Samsung Introduces Galaxy Note 10.1
- Samsung Announces Galaxy S4 Mini
- Samsung Unveils its First Windows 8 Tablet, the RT ATIV
- Samsung Announces the Dual-Sim Galaxy Fame and Young