Nokia has announced these two new models yesterday, which primarily comes with enhancement in their previous versions. Interestingly, both the models use old naming convention – despite Nokia explicitly announced the use of new naming convention. But never mind, we still have a name to call them.
Other than standard features, the main attraction of both the models is the Ovi Browser, which is in beta, that uses Nokia’s own compression technology to serve web pages faster than before. Nokia claims that this browser will deliver web content at a fraction of the bandwidth, and cost, of other mobile phones.
With this announcement Opera Mini will have it’s direct competitor in the market, that too with huge share in mid-end devices.
Otherwise, both the handset come with standard features, including social networking apps, VGA camera, FM player with recording facility and so on – and are aimed at mid-end user. Read on to know the details.
The Nokia C2-05 comes with a slider form-factor, and it designed in a way to slip easily into pockets and handbags. Nokia says that this phone is geared towards style-conscious social networkers.
In addition to Nokia Browser and Nokia Store, a dedicated Facebook and Twitter apps for updates on the go come included with Nokia C2-05. Other social networking apps can be added later by the user, of course.
On the hardware front, the Nokia C2-05 offers
- 2-inch QVGA resolution (320 x 240 pixels) LCD Display
- VGA camera with digital zoom and a full-screen viewfinder.
- There’s also a media player for MP3 and MP4 files, as well as an FM radio with a recorder built in, to save songs to play later.
- Allows for up to 32GB of external memory on a MicroSD card,
- Features both Bluetooth and MicroUSB
- There’s a stereo headset included in the box.
- Battery life is up to 20 days in standby or four hours talktime.
Nokia C2-05 comes in a range of colors including pink, peacock blue and dynamic grey. It also allows further personalization through themes, wallpapers and ringtones from the Nokia Store.
The Nokia C2-05 will become available in Q4 and will cost around Rs. 6,000
The Nokia X2-05 comes in a candy-bar form factor that offers an emphasis on music and media.
Like the Nokia C2-05, it comes with the new Nokia Browser and Nokia Store on-board. There are also preloaded Facebook and Twitter clients.
As with other phones in the Xseries, the media player is a central focus. It can play MP3 and MP4 files, either through the stereo headset provided or through the loud loudspeaker. The speaker operates at 106phons – enough to entertain the whole room.
There’s also an FM radio with a recording facility.
Other specs include:
- VGA camera on the back
- 2.2-inch QVGA display offering 320 x 240 resolution.
- cards with up to 32GB capacity can be fitted
- Battery life is rated up to 25 days on standby or four hours talktime.
- Bluetooth and MicroUSB enabled
Available in Black, Silver, White and Bright Red, the Nokia X2-05 will also ship in Q4 and is expected to cost around Rs. 5,500.